I am back from my family vacation – which I’m still organizing pictures from – and am moving on from the travel portion of my 2008 Summer Break to the moving phase. I have made the exciting yet incredibly scary, sad and unbelievable decision to move back to Provo. That’s right – that’s not a typo. After applying to MBA programs I decided to attend the Marriott School at BYU. I am excited about the program, the opportunities it will bring and being a student again – but I am still not sold on the moving back to Provo thing. I like to think of it as two eight-month stretches at a time, with plenty of trips back East in between.
So I am moving. My lovely apartment holds a surprisingly incredible amount of stuff, which has made moving incredibly overwhelming. As of tonight I have sent 5 suitcases (through various extremely generous sisters and roommate) and 12 boxes to my AMAZING sister in Provo. Thankfully one of the contracts in her apartment is not full this spring/summer so it is acting as my storage unit. I can’t wait to see what the disaster looks like when I show up in August. And I’m not done! Over the next few days I have to finish packing and sell some furniture. Oh and then I have to take two summer classes before July 1 (yikes!), and enjoy my last few days in the city. Starting July 1 I'll be in Georgia for a few weeks before I move to Utah in August.
So part procrastination and part preparation for my 2008 Summer Break of fun, crazy and silly things I created . . .
Fun – but sometimes pointless and random – Things To Do This Summer
1. Become a lady who lunches with as many friends as possible
2. Walk the Brooklyn Bridge after eating Grimaldi’s while eating Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory ice cream
3. Go to the Met’s Rooftop Terrace
4. Go to a Today Show Concert
5. Spa Day at Oasis
6. “The Loop”
7. NYC Cheesecake Showdown
8. Shake Shack
9. Pinkberry
10. Buttercup
11. Spice
12. Patsy’s
13. Read in Central Park
14. Visit the Whitney
15. Have a Jersey dinner night with the girls
16. Go to the Natural History Museum
17. Beach day at Sandy Hook
18. Play Wii all day in my pjs
19. Watch Brother & Sister’s Season 2
20. Finish HIMYM Season 1
21. Eat Bruster’s Key Lime Pie Ice Cream for breakfast
22. Go for a run at the LHS Track
23. Log a required minimum of 4 hours at the pool each week while in GA
24. Watch My So Called Life
25. Make a Topsy Curvy cake with Caisa
26. Take a baking class in Roswell
27. Create a recipe for some recipe contest
28. Make a Peach Pie
29. Jump on the trampoline once a week
30. Watch movies/old TV shows in the theatre on an almost daily basis
31. Play a game of tennis with Mom
32. Go to the driving range with Dad
33. Visit Emily in Texas
34. Take a trip out to “Dillon” landmarks
35. Go to Hilton Head
36. Eat at Lady and Sons (Paula Deen) in Savannah
37. Read the Josephine Bonaparte Series:
38. The Many Lives and Secret Sorrow
39. Tales of Passion, Tales of Woe, and
40. The Last Great Dance on Earth
41. Re-read Gone with the Wind
42. Read Rhett Butler’s People
43. Read Breaking Dawn
44. Start reading the business section of the newspaper
45. Hike Stone Mountain
46. Master Guitar Hero on medium
47. Watch all of the Indiana Jones trilogy
48. Go to as many Braves Games as possible
49. Visit the Atlanta Botanical Gardens
50. Take a City of Roswell tour
51. Visit the Margaret Mitchell House
52. Go bowling at Stuckeybowl
53. Test drive a car
54. Test drive one I’d never buy just for fun
55. Take roadtrips to some of the 1,000 Places to See Before You Die in the South as I can
. . . Have something you wish you could do but can’t because you have a lame full-time job this summer? Add it to my list!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Stop it -- Dillon landmarks exist?
I'm so there it's insane.
P.s. I'll believe guitar hero on medium when I see it. School's out?
Wow you sure have a busy summer ahead of you. I expect a full report by the time you start school of what you were able to accomplish!!! I'm very much so jealous of your list and I wish that I could join you on some of them. I hope you are doing well and enjoying your last little bit in the Big Apple!!!
Such a fun list! I wish my unemployment was so enjoyable ;)
You have inspired me!! I need to make a list like yours :)
4 hours a week of pool time? I think you can do a little better than that! Get all the sunshine yuo can!! :)
YES Definitely re-read GWTW, one of the best books ever! The Margaret Mitchell house is cool, too.
Sounds like a demanding summer...LIVE IT UP!
I think I've taken my to do list obsession a bit far :)
And trust me the 4 hours at the pool is just a "minimum requirement." I'm sure I'll have no problem getting a full 40 hour work week in!
Ahh Rhett. I've been wanting to re-read for such a long time. Finally I have some time. And as for the Margeret Mitchell House - I've lived in Atlanta my whole life, almost worked there one summer and still haven't been. It's about time.
Um a bit ambitious is a HUGE understatement! You are out of control and I expect a full report when you check off anything on your rediculous list. This is me doubting you! :)
So I've gotten to medium on Guitar Hero, but haven't mastered it. That's a good one. You could also try singing on Rockband. That's fun. Topsy Curvy Cake? I'm intrigued. Sounds like you've got a rough summer.
Post a Comment