When you round the corner on Columbus you pass this fabulous dress and jewelry boutique. We always pick out our favorite dress in the window display. Maybe one day I'll actually walk in a buy something :)
Then Alice Tea Cup - oh the pumpkin scones!
The wonderful Tender Lovely - one of the original stops. I can't tell you how many mani/pedi and massages I've had here. There are probably six or seven other nail places (and that's not an exaggeration) you pass on The Loop, but this one came highly recommended and the rest is history. And will someone please explain to me why nail salons outside of the city don't offer chair massages?!? Seriously, it's easy money for them. Plus I'm addicted . . . and am going to need my 10 minute massages!
Shortly after I moved Buttercup opened. Danger - actually the whole Loop is a danger zone. And let's not talk about the Magnolia's that just opened just beyond The Loop.
This is the original stop that has become completely eliminated. I was addicted to Tasti d'Lite. Karen and I would call and see what the flavors of the day were to determine if we wanted to stop. Others said it tasted like air, but I loved it. Now I have Pinkberry in my life. (Also just a block outside The Loop.) I can't tell you the last time I had Tasti - it's probably been over a year. And now, now I think it does taste like air.
These next two aren't really stops, but just prove how much of a danger zone this simple two block radius is.
This is the 24 hour diner I consumed insane amounts of Diet Coke at while studying for the GMAT. The place where everyone knows your name . . . and your order.
The lovely subway.
The Apple Bank Building - I always know the time and temp when I walk out of the subway. And now it has been converted into high-end condos that I can only dream about living in.
The saddest part of the original Loop. Vinnies. Oh how I loved Vinnies. Vinnies was the best pizza ever. And one day I walked by and almost died when I saw the sign on the door saying they'd lost the lease. High rents running them out. Tragic. Absolutely tragic. And about a year later it was replaced by this - Jacques Torres.
Andy's. The reliable corner deli - that delivers too! I think the only two things I've purchased are Diet Coke and ice cream, but oh how much I have purchased.
Levain = the best cookies ever. Seriously - the largest, most divine cookies ever. Each cookie weights almost a half a pound - and costs $3.75 too.
This picture does not do the Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip justice.
Ah Rita's. Rita has been doing my laundry for the past three years. I drop it off in the morning and it's clean and folded neatly when I come home at night. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do when I have to do my own laundry. Either my dry cleaning bill is going to go way, way up . . . or maybe I'll pay Shannan to do it :)
And then back to my beautiful tree lined street. Such a fabulous neighborhood.
3 comments:
What a fun, cute neighborhood! I am sure you are going to miss it immensely.
I could really use a pumpkin scone!!
I almost feel like this was my neighborhood considering I spent half my NYC life at PHA. Sniff. Sniff.
Oh, I love this post! It makes me homesick for 4RS. It even makes me feel an urge to (heaven forbid!) scrapbook.
Can't wait to see you tonight,
Leah
Post a Comment