Thursday, May 29, 2008

Duck Hunt


I have heard about Duck Beach escapades over the last three years and always passed or had other trips planned. Thanks to Mel I made a very last minute decision and headed to Duck last weekend.

1,000 Places to See Before You Die describes Duck as a "whimsically monikered town," part of North Carolina's Outer Banks, a string of skinny barrier islands making up "some of the most unusual and beautiful beaches on America's Atlantic coast."

Over Memorial Day weekend some of Duck's fabulous beach houses are filled with hundreds of LDS singles from DC, New York, Boston, Utah, California, Arizona and more ready to party. There were two New York houses with about 65 people total. Mel and I stayed in Pinehaven.



It was a fabulous beach trip. The Outer Banks are beautiful; the weather was gorgeous; the company was great.

Becca is in love with jumping pictures :)


Me, Heather and Mel:


Adrienne, Jane, Mel and Me:


The NYC Girls:


The NYC Houses Crew:


After almost everyone else had left to return home (thank you unemployment!) Mel and I went on a drive to see some of the lighthouses in the area. We saw the Currituck Lighthouse and were unimpressed, so we picked up Michele from the DC house and started driving south to see the Bodie Island Lighthouse. By the time we got there it was completely dark, and the final stretch of road was a dark, windy and wooded drive. We pulled up to the lighthouse and it was a little eerie. Mel was driving and she got completely spooked and just gunned it to leave. We all started laughing that we drove all the way out there and then Mel wouldn’t even get out of the car :) It was a fun drive and even in the dark fun to see the lighthouse.

The Currituck Lighthouse:


The Bodie Island Lighthouse:


Sun, friends, gossip, the beach, the pool and hot tub, more sun, making new friends, exchanging crazy looks with Mel, driving the fabulous white PT Cruiser, dancing . . . good times.

5 comments:

Jenna said...

That place looks like a blast!! I wish I was unemployed and didn't have worry about work so I could take fun trips. You are so lucky!!! That house you stayed in was gorgeous and huge!!! What a fun idea.

Em said...

Some of my friends go every year! I didn't know it was so beautiful!

elizabeth said...

I have never heard of such of place. It looked like a lot of fun. The East Coast looks beautiful. Enjoy your summer Kristan!!

MishMyBelle said...

such a good time! you forgot to list that great night in the hot tub as one of your favorites!

Lizzy said...

WOW!!! HOW FABULOUS!!!

I had never heard of it either, but it looks like the best place ever :) Did you meet any cute guys??