I thought we should recreate Galileo's gravity experiment by dropping Sam, but that didn't go over well. Instead we thought we were funny creating our AT&T commercial - more girls in more places.

After Pisa we drove to Florence. Florence was one of my favorite stops from backpacking in college, so I was excited to go back. Our first stop was at Piazza Michelangelo for a beautiful view of the city. I love all the tiled roofs. It's just a gorgeous view.
Then we went down to the Ponte Vecchio (Old Bridge). It's a gorgeous sight with the river and the colorful shops built on the edge of the bridge held up by stilts.
We walked over the bridge to the Uffizi Gallery. The Uffizi Gallery was the first museum I think I really ever remember going to. I remember being bored. In fact I ditched my friends and told them to find me at the rooftop cafe when they were done. This time our guide was an art history buff, we were starving and ready for lunch and she said "just one more painting" probably five times. I think I have a cursed relationship with the Uffizi.
We walked through the city to the Piazza del Duomo. I just love the little cobblestone streets of Florence. I fell back in love with the city all over again.
Our last stop was Piazza del Duomo. I was sad we didn't have time to climb the bell tower, but it was still a fabulous day in Florence.
And of course more gelato. Ah gelato.
1 comment:
fantastic pics of a great city!
Post a Comment