Tuesday, October 2, 2007

TV Dump

Basically studying is consuming my life right now, and then my family was in town too, so needless to say I’ve been pretty busy. Friends are feeling abandoned. My gym card is dusty. Book Club is tragically going on without me. No crosstown bus trips to Pinkberry. And even the DVR is bursting at the seams waiting for me to watch everything. Here is a data dump on some of my Fall Season TV thoughts:

- There was a disaster at PHA last Tuesday night. I turned on the TV and we had NO BASIC CABLE. That’s right, we had the extras, but no NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX or CW. Weird. I know. So while we thought our Sunday, Monday and Tuesday shows had recorded, they actually hadn’t. Thank goodness for TV on the Internet!
- Oh and on that note, thank goodness for TV on the Internet at work! Did I just type that . . . oops. No, not me, never.
- Crisis averted and cable was restored.
- Of my five new shows to watch, one is still sitting on my DVR waiting for me (Chuck) and one doesn’t premier until tomorrow (Pushing Daises).

So my thoughts got a little carried away, so I’ll break them down by day. I love that I’m typing this like some of you care :)

Monday:
- Imagine me singing – yes, me singing, I know – this to Enrique Iglesias’ “Hero”:
Would you watch if I told you How I Met Your Mother is hilarious?
Would you watch if I told you it was only a half an hour?
Would you watch if I told you would cry with laughter?
Would you save this show on your DVR?
HIMYM can be your hero baby.
HIMYM can laugh the pain away.
HIMYM will stand by you forever.
HIMYM will take your breath away.
Seriously, this show is so great. CBS.com saved me from doing something tragic after our near cable disaster. Enrique was guest staring if you don’t get the connection :)

- Because of that little thing I mentioned above (about not watching TV at work), I’m once again sucked into The Bachelor. I’ll admit it, but I’m a little embarrassed to admit it. Seriously, The Bachelor!?! I’ve finally cut Survivor out of my life, but somehow these trashy girls find their way back in. I’ll admit the “I’m a twin” twist intrigued me – next week apparently the brother switch places and sees if the girls notice – and now I just can’t stop. And of course I love that my friends know I can’t resist – Paige just emailed me this.

Wednesday:
- Gossip Girl is officially the best guilty pleasure show, ever. If loving this show is wrong, I’m not sure I want to be right. I want to be on Team Blair, but clearly Serena was wronged. However, she’s just such a wench, so Team Blair it is. Lily van der Woodsen is evil – even worse than Julie Cooper evil. Dan’s shove was no Ryan Atwood punch, but gosh he’s just so dang cute. And his dad is too. Is that wrong? “Fuster Cluck,” enough said. While these kids are really 25 year olds not 16, I still love it. Now if only I had their hairstylists and wardrobes.

- Private Practice . . . hmmmm, I like Addison taking a stand at the end. Hopefully it will get better.

- I finally watched Dirty Sexy Money last night, and let me tell you – I. Am. Hooked. Money. New York. Secrets. I think I’m going to like this one. And my new favorite comeback is, “Well, You’re Poor!” Classic.

Thursday:
-PB&J! Pam Beasly and Jim! It’s almost better than JAM. PB&J aside, because those scenes were great! I kind of hated The Office premier. One hour is too long. Yup, I did just say that. It wasn’t that funny, and I found it kind of dragging. Hopefully it will get better.

- Grey’s had its good moments. Overall I think it’s getting better than last Season. However I still have issues. Izzie’s deer. Seriously? I get the whole Bambi metaphor, but seriously? I did love the residents giving their interns the Bailey speech. :) And Marc tell Derek he came to Seattle to get him back.

- I gave in and DVRed Big Shots. I haven’t watched it yet, but my sources say the eye candy is enough to make me watch :) Again, issues, I know.

Friday:
- One of my maybes, I watched Moonlight. I didn’t want to like Moonlight. I didn’t want to like it while I was watching it. It was a little creepy, a little crazy and a little over the top. But by the end of the hour I was sucked in. Seriously I have problems. And now I keep thinking about the dreamy Alex O'Loughlin as Edward. Issues. Serious Issues.

Sunday:
- Even Desperate Housewives seems to be good again.

Gosh, now I’m realizing just how pathetic this post is. I’m blaming it on not being able to sleep.

The most important news: 3 days! 3 days!

2 comments:

Em said...

I'm glad to see that I am not the only person that watches LOTS of TV! I was little disappointed in Grey's and I really didn't like Big Shots. As a matter of fact, I have never heard the male anatomy mentioned so much in a five minute period before in my life. I did however enjoy Dirty Sexy Money. I look forward to Friday...although I will be at a live Texas High School Game, but don't worry....my DVR will catch the TV version! :)

NatAttack said...

Well, you know I can appreciate TV posts. We pretty much have the same exact taste! I started watching Chuck and it's a cute one; a little campy, but I'm enjoying it thus far.

Did you see that Ausiello has seen the first three FNL's and says it might actually be BETTER than Season 1? Ahhhhhh! CAN'T. WAIT. I'm rewatching the season... have two discs to go.

Why can't movies be as good as TV?