
Saturday I woke up freezing under my light quilt.
Sunday while I was walking to church I decided I probably should have put tights on.
This morning when I walked outside I saw my breath for the first time since last March/April.
I feel like it's officially Fall in the city. (Well at least for now, with the weather we've had who knows if it will be 70 degrees again next week.) Last week when I walked into the drugstore they had Christmas decorations for sale. No, not Halloween, Christmas. Every year the stores get their Christmas displays up earlier and earlier. I'm usually oppose to this, and I feel like most people are. I think we should be enjoying the holiday at hand! But this year, for whatever reason, I've turned a new leaf. I'm all about embracing the holidays early. I love Christmas. I love everything about it. The lights. The baking. The shopping. The giving. It's just such a great season. And I love the holidays in the city even more. The windows on Fifth Ave. Going to the Nutcracker. The lights. The Salvation Army Santas on the corners. Singing Jingle Bells at the top of my lungs. There is a wonderful energy in this city - and it's just exaggerated around the holidays. I feel like from now until New Years always goes by so quickly. November 1st is just a few days away. Before I know it I will be going home for Thanksgiving. Then Kelli will be coming up for New Years and everything will be over just like that. Time just flies.
So, in order to enjoy the holiday season as much as humanly possible, I've decided that this year I'm embracing the holidays early! I might not pull out my Christmas decoration or music just yet, but when I see decorations in a store or window - I'll smile a little and enjoy the season. And when I start my shopping in the next few weeks (I love nothing more than finding the perfect gift for people!) you had better believe I'll be rocking out to Jingle Bells on my ipod.
Happy Holidays!
3 comments:
Jingle Bells as in Barbara Streisand's Jingle Bells? :) I think of you every time I hear that song...which has been quite often lately considering I started listening to Christmas music, oh, about three weeks ago!
Is there any other version of Jingle Bells worth listening too!
darn it karen stole my post. i was going to say you aren't listening to jingle bells...you are listening to jjjjjjjingle bells jjjjjjingle bells jjjjjing jjjjjang jjjjong....
i miss screaming that in the car with you! i can't wait to sing it friday morning after thanksgiving :D daddy loves us when we sing christmas songs like those...
Post a Comment