I've resisted doing this. I really didn't want to be "one of those people" who begged for comments, but I'm afraid my curiosity has led to extreme levels.
1. I know I'm being slightly hypocritical by writing this.
2. I am a chronic lurker.
3. I enjoy checking other people’s blogs - people I know, old friends I don’t keep in contact with anymore, friends of friends, blogs that were featured in the media and even people I don’t know.
4. So there, I've admitted it - I'm a lurker.
5. I even started a blog on blog lurking - but that sucked all the fun out of it, so that blog is dead now.
6. Now, if you have a favorite blog you like to lurk on - email me the link please :)
Now onto my request: Who are you? I want to know who you are! I get the irony. I get it.
There is one person in particular who intrigues me. You use Google to find this blog; StatCounter said you were from Herndon, Virginia, but now you've moved to Leesburg. I've asked my DC friends - or at least everyone I think I know in DC - and it's not them. But someone did think that AOL was based there, so maybe you are just using AOL and not actually from VA. I'm calling you out in particular - you Leesburg Lurker.
I promise I don't care if you are a long, lost friend, stranger or enemy. Seriously, I just don't want to end up like the cat.
Update: I've changed my setting so anyone can now comment - no Gmail account needed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Sorry I'm not the lurker you're looking for--and I'm not a mystery. But I guess in a literal sense we are still strangers, right?
--Natalie, Boston.
i think studying for the gmat got to you. you've lost your mind, but i still heart you. i'd tell you who i am, but you know - my intensity scares people.
I too lurk, but I haven't really found a site I really love to lurk on. It's usually lurking on "friends of friends" blogs.
hmmm that is my area. I will have to do some research on your lurker. Maybe I know them!!
You know I just had a thought on who it could be...but I'm not going to tell you here, so you'll just have to call me :)
I am a lurker - but not THE lurker. However, I too use statcounter and have THE lurker on my blog from time to time. So if you figure it out, I want to know too!
btw, I am Emily from Texas. I have no idea how I came across your blog, but I have it added to my daily roll. Thanks!
Emily
Post a Comment