
I'm kind of obsessed with time. At work I check the clock on the bottom right side of my computer screen all the time. I know this a problem, but I work in a fast-paced, deadline driven work environment - and well, it's necessary.
This morning I arrived at work as usual at 8:30 am I started working and was feeling particularly productive for a Monday morning. The next thing I knew, I looked down at my clock and it read 8:54 am. What! I had something due at 10, and I was so glad I had finished it just in time, but really - there was no way it had only taken me 20 minutes. The next thing I know my supervisor is standing at my desk asking if I was ready for our 10 o'clock meeting. I was very confused. And then it dawned on me - My computer still thinks last weekend was daylight savings time! Even though President Bush thinks he can just sign an act and change time, my computer doesn't.
Basically, I hate our help desk, so I've just decided that instead of spending 20 minutes on the phone with them where they may or may not fix the problem to just wait and suffer through this week and wait until the clock is right again next Monday. And, yes, I've tried to change it manually. I've tried to change it so it doesn't recognize Daylight Savings Time. I've tried!
It's been driving me nuts all day. But then a good thing happened! I looked down at my clock and it read 4:35 pm. Ah, another hour and a half of this horrible Monday. NO! Wait, it's actually 5:35 pm. Happy day!
No comments:
Post a Comment