Thursday, August 16, 2007

Backstreets Back . . . Alright (?)


I got a call from Kelli the other afternoon at work telling me, “You’ll never guess what I’m listening to!” She was right, I had no idea where she was or what she was listening too. But what I couldn’t get over was how excited she was to tell me about it. “The new Backstreet Boys song!” And naturally, she thought of me :)

Who knew! Who knew they were coming out with another album and it was on the radio!?! Well it turns out that their new single “Inconsolable” hit radio this month – minus Kevin Richardson. Yup, this one is just Brian, Nick, AJ and Howie.

So I must admit that I had a slightly obsessed Backstreet Boys phase in high school. And to be quite honest, I don’t think “slightly” accurately describes it. I’m really glad I don’t have a scanner, because I would feel obligated to post a picture of my friends and me as the Backstreet Boys for Halloween. I was Kevin (so I guess it works that we both have parted ways from our boy band pasts). I did a spray dye for my hair; my friends drew tattoos. We were hard core; we even “performed” a karaoke music video at the party, ah the memories . . . I won’t even go into the concerts and Brian Littrell stocking we did . . .

Anyway, their sixth album drops October 30. I can’t say I’ll be buying it, but I’m sure I’ll check it out on You Tube. Enjoy their new single "Inconsolable" – sounds just like typical Backstreet Boys of my high school days.



ps...does anyone else think it's weird that you can see Kevin's shoes in this clip, but his body has been faded out - kind of weird and creepy

2 comments:

nerak said...

Um... First the Spice Girls announce a comeback tour (which we have to go to) and then Backstreet comes out with a new album? What's going on here?

maWeesa said...

DON'T WORRY I WENT TO A BSB CONCERT AND IT WAS AMAZING! BOY BANDS.. HOLLA!