Well to finish off the year I had to do one more awesome thing I never thought I would do. I hiked the Y. I know. And I made my whole family hike it with me.
I graduated from BYU twice without hiking the Y, so the day after graduation I decided to just do it. Everyone told me it wasn’t that bad of a hike. I did my google research and found it’s just over 2 miles. I may hate hiking, but I thought no big deal I can do this. And the view will be cool. And I can say I did it. I can cross it of my list.
Well, I have to say. It’s sucked. The whole hike my sisters and I were complaining. Why are we doing this? There is nothing easy about this hike! Are we there yet? It was a delightful time. But we made it. And despite the stupid hike we had a lot of fun – as we always do.
To start the fun off, Samantha was full of trinkets to wisdom. Caisa, Samantha and I were in the car and this is the conversation that transpired.
Caisa: Do we really have to hike the Y on Saturday?
Kristan: Yes! You are not getting out of this. We are going to do it, and you are going to like it.
Samantha: Oh yeah. I’m actually really excited. I think I’m going to be really good at it.
Caisa and Kristan burst out laughing
Samantha: No. I’m serious. I’ve been doing the stairmaster on an incline. I’m going to be really good.
Caisa and Kristan continue to die laughing – and try and figure out how you can do the stairmaster on an incline. After much laughing and teasing Miss Samantha:
Samanatha: No, wait. The elliptical. I’ve been doing the elliptical on an incline. But I’m still going to be really good at it.
Don’t worry. I told Samantha to never stop talking because the things she says are just too darn funny. Like this other story – after the teasing about going to the gym to “practice” for hiking the Y.
Caisa: Why do you have a gym membership instead of just working out in the basement?
Samantha: Well, you see. When I go downstairs and sit on the bike and watch my TV I think, “I would be so much more comfortable in the theater.” So then I just stop working out and go to the theatre. It’s a problem.
You see, we just have a ton of fun when we are together. Even if we are hiking the Y.
It was a beautiful day . . . and we survived. I know you’re shocked. Cross it off the list.
Before:
After:
Caisa has bad allergies. In order to hike and still breathe, she decided to bring a whole box of tissues. Which made it necessary to also bring a trash receptacle. In comes our pre-hike "snack," Pringles. Can you tell we're real outdoorsy? :) And to top it all off her method for carrying her water bottle, tissue box and Pringles receptacle was quite comical. (Caisa also blogged about this joyous weekend.)
Mission accomplished. Now onto the summer "to do" list.
3 comments:
So fun! I lived there all that time and have still never climbed the Y! I did however climb Mt. Timpanogas. You need to do that next! It is incredible! You really feel like you accomplished a major feet and it's beautiful all the way up and at the top. And it was definitely harder coming down. I love the pictures! And congratulations on the SLC job!
..wait..is it feet or feat?? I've been out of school too long...
I too hated hiking the Y. I did it once with Jon (although he doesn;t remember, so maybe it was another boy :)) and it sucked. Cross it off your list and never do it again!
Post a Comment