Monday, April 26, 2010

Officially Graduated + Gainfully Employed = Incredibly Happy


So now what? Well I have a job . . . and I am very grateful for that, especially in this economy when so many of my classmates are still looking. And not only do I have a job, I have a job I’m really excited about – I am actually looking forward to starting work!

I will be working in brand management for a leading provider of household products. The company is headquartered just outside of NYC, but I will be in their Salt Lake City office. What? Me? In Salt Lake? I know. I can’t believe it either, but I’m actually thrilled. The company is great; the position is a great opportunity; and I will be traveling quite a bit which I’m excited about.

I start in mid-June, so I have a few weeks to play, travel and sleep!

Oh, and those of you friends and stalkers from SLC – I know nothing about Salt Lake. I went to school in Provo for almost six years but for me Salt Lake only means three things: The Gateway, Temple Square and the airport. That is one of the reasons I’m okay with this move – I feel like it will be completely different. But I need help finding a place to live. I’d welcome your thoughts, suggestions and tips.

And I look forward to being close to my friends in Utah and the West (some of which I’ve been so consumed with school I haven’t even seen!) – and traveling often to NYC to see my friends there – and getting frequent flyer miles to visit everyone everywhere else too :)

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Yay! Congratulations! We are happy you are staying in the west. Maybe we will get to see you more often. I LOVE the family picture in front of the business bldg (I can't believe I forgot the name??). Everyone looks beautiful and happy. You have a great family:).

elizabeth said...

Impressive Kristan. And if I ever make it to Utah someday, expect a phone call.

Amander said...

Congrats!!!

That's awesome you were able to line up a job already. And very nice you have a couple of weeks to play.

I lived right in SLC for four years, so I might be able to give you some advice - but I don't know how good it would be.

Email me if you want!

Angela said...

I loved living in Sugar House-Congratulations!

NatAttack said...

WOooooooooot! Congrats on graduating and re-entering the work force. Can't wait to hear about your Salt Lake adventures.

Lizzy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!

You better start you summer plans asap so you can get it all in in just a couple months! I always love love love reading about your amazing summers!

Liney said...

I am so so so excited for you!! You are my HERO!! Congrats!! This is a great accomplishment!!