Monday, September 17, 2007

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, CAN'T LOSE

Last week was a Friday Night Lights themed week for me. I finally got my Season 1 DVDs on Monday, and my friend Holly is sick so I thought what better gift to give her than introducing her to FNL! I knew she'd have time to watch the whole season, and I was excited to see if she would like it or not. When I gave her the DVDs she was a little hesitant, and she emailed me on Wednesday and still hadn't watched an episode. But she started Wednesday night and I found this little jewel of an email in my inbox on Thursday morning:

What is Lyla thinking with Tim??!! They've made out like three times now! Stop! And sweet little Matt. He is the cutest thing ever! Is he going to start??? Or is VooDoo??? I can't take the pressure!! Matt is too sweet and I feel his every emotion!

I love, LoVe, LOLOLOVE living vicariously through the excitement of a first time FNLer. Warmth to my heart :) I'm pretty sure Holly finished the whole first season in less than three days! Love it! I thoroughly enjoyed her texts, emails and updates on where she was in the season.

You may remember I won a Friday Night Lights party from NBC, so last Thursday we celebrated Friday Night Lights!

My roommate Heather deserves a special shout-out because she really saved the day! One of the bad things about living in a walk-up in NYC is FedEx can't just leave packages for you on your doorstep and you don't have a doorman to sign for you. So FedEx attempted to deliver my party package three times. After three times they are suppose to leave it at the warehouse so you can go and pick it up there. It isn't overly convenient, but it works. Well, I was going to pick up the box on Thursday during my lunch break. I called FedEx to make sure it was there and they informed me that my box was on the truck for one last attempt for delivery. DANGER! I quickly texted Heather to see if there was any chance she was home, tried to have it re-routed, tried begging and begging some more. A party without party supplies would have been disastrous! Well it turns out Heather was walking down the street while the FedEx truck was on our street - past our brownstone. Because Heather rocks, she chased the FedEx woman down the street and retrieved my package. Officially saving the day :)

When I got home I couldn't believe how big the box was! Karen can vouch for my excitement while opening the box. Fun, cheesy, surprise after surprise - koozies, rally towels, cups, popcorn, little megaphones and of course the DVD featuring an exclusive, advance peek at the first episode of Season 2.

A FNL party wouldn't be complete without football appropriate food. So we had chips and salsa, french fries, rice krispy treats (okay, not really football themed but I love them) and TEXAS sheet cake :) in honor of our Panthers.



Cassie, Kristin, Karen C, Mel, Ashley, Jane, Chad and Nick came over and we had a blast. Screaming, ooing and awwing during the DVD was great. KC asked "Can we watch it again?" at least twice :)

Karen was the perfect rally girl decorating for the party. She created a "locker" for our front door. Including a "Good Luck Tim" poster and the locker on the bottom is open, displaying our love for #33 :)

Our FNL Shrine :) Chad even paid homage.




Such a fun night!

And then this weekend it was my turn to be sick so I started re-watching Season 1. I'd be lying if I said I didn't get chills and a little emotional during a few scenes. I blame it on being sick, but who am I kidding . . . I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I love this show!

And then on Sunday I was talking to Kelli while walking home from church, and she was telling me about their lesson on chastity that day. And of course, she and Michelle were joking about lusting after Tim Riggins :) (Now say this in the 10 Things I Hate About You "I like my Sketchers, but I LOVE my Prada backpack" voice) I lust after Tim Riggins, but I love Matt Saracen. It's okay to lust right, because these are fictional characters so we aren't really lusting . . . needless to say we were cracking ourselves up the whole walk home :)

Only 18 days until OCTOBER 5th!

2 comments:

nerak said...

Ok, the part about Heather CRACKS ME UP. That's amazing, what a champ. Also, I'll admit, I lust after Tim. But I'm SO looking forward to starting that up all over again Oct 5!

p.s. Can we watch it again?

Caisa said...

1. im so insanely jealous! i wish i could have been there.
2. i set a farewatcher for ny - so if cheap fares come around...watch out! attack of caisa!
3. i still expect party gear. (only for one though, tim and i can share - if ya know what i mean! aye, aye!)
4. i miss you
5. you are great.