Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Casper the Ghost

Kelli (in the most dramatic voice ever): "This cannot be happening! No, this is not possible. Kristan cannot be tanner than me! No. This is not good for my ego."

I have the fairest complexion in my family, minus my dad. I tan well, but only after quite a few burns, and no where near as well as my Mom and sisters. I usually get made fun of for this, and get told repeatedly to put on more sunscreen or a hat. It's quite annoying.

I'm happy to report for the first time in my whole entire life:
I. Am. Tanner. Than. Kelli.
Thanks to Africa, one trip to the pool and Kelli working in an office all day. It's a small summer miracle - one I'm sure will never be repeated. So this Memorial Day Weekend, I enjoyed it. I teased and teased and teased.

This weekend the family (minus Caisa and Shannan) went to Lake Rabun -remember last year's trip - it's always the same :) There was rain and too many clouds, but we did get some sun and had a blast.

Kelli wouldn't let me document her whiteness, but you can kind of tell in this picture - on our "hike" to Tallulah Gorge.


Tubing Day 1: "I think I'm too old for this."
Tubing Day 2: "Again. Again. Again."


It's kind of nice not having cell service, TV or internet. A relaxing fun long weekend.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Oh how i miss you!!! WE had Caisa and Shannon over for dinner on Sunday and it was just not complete without you!!! WE had some good laughs and talked about the good ole days!!! HOpe you are enjoying your summer it sounds like it will be fun and very relaxing.

Britt said...

Yes, you are looking nice and tan. JEALOUS! When are you coming back to UT?

Caisa said...

ah! i'm so jealous! seriously, i miss ralph's. hope charades was fabulous; i'm sure it was lacking somewhat w/o shan and me though.