First stop: Kakum National Park.
It's one of the only tropical rainforest areas left in Ghana. It was so green and beautiful. I didn't see a single animal - okay fine, I saw butterflies - but the scenery was just gorgeous. We went on a little hike up to one of the main attractions - a Canopy Walkway. It consists of about 7 bridges where you walk above the rainforest for about a half mile. I didn't think I was afraid of heights, but apparently if you put me on a shaky, two foot wide rope bridge I'll be a little freaked out. It wasn't that I thought I was going to fall; I just never really had my balance, which I didn't like. But it was an amazing experience! After the first bridge I was getting used to it and was able to finally look around instead of just down. Gorgeous. At the end of the Canopy Walkway it started to get really dark and thunder, just adding to the experience.
3 comments:
you're a brave soul. i dont think i coulda done it.
You are brave. I didn't know I was scared of heights until about four years ago when I climbed up a very tall tree. Amazing what can happen when you put someone up something very tall.
wow! That is seriously so beautiful. I am not sure how I would have handled those bridges. Way to take the challenge!
Post a Comment