
Okay, maybe not. Maybe I stole that picture from the Internet. Maybe I'm reconsidering the whole Brooks Bakes idea. Maybe we bit off a little more than we could chew for our first cake. But, boy did we have fun doing it.
The plan was do make a three-tiered cake, so we could turn it into a two-tier cake if we messed up. We'd start with a 10 inch round and move up to a 6 inch round. Neither of us like fondant or have ever used it before, so we thought we'd just stick with buttercream - which may not look as smooth and clean, but would taste better.
We are both slightly obsessed with red velvet cake, so we did half chocolate and half red velvet. The cakes were DELICIOUS!!! (And it's a good thing because we've been eating them for days!)
Let the baking begin.
Caisa was really excited for her baking soda and vinegar volcanic explosion.
Bleeding armadillo anyone?
This picture doesn't even include all of the cake! The counter was covered. It was a bit out of control.
The cakes were delicious, but now our downfall. 1. It was late. Very late. 2. The meringue frosting was too liquidy. 3. I'm not a sculptor.
So what do you do with pounds and pounds of delicious cake. Make a trifle. It was delicious. (Oh and eat cake for breakfast . . . lots and lots of cake)
1 comment:
You look so tanned. I'm the one who is living in arizona, gosh darn it!
Post a Comment