Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Bleeding Love


I am a connoisseur/junkie of TV, so it is surprising when someone introduces me to a show I do not watch. But, believe it or not, until a few months ago I did not watch So You Think You Can Dance. I had seen dances and heard obsessed people talk about it, but just filed in under the “I don’t care to watch” category (along with American Idol).

So this post is dedicated to Bryndee, Mel, Holly, Cassie and Michele. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you for turning on SYTYCD when we were checking out Bryndee’s new apartment.

And a very special thank you to Napoleon and Tabitha. It was your routine to “Bleeding Love” that got me hooked.



SYTYCD now falls under my “obsessed” category. I wake up everyday asking, “Is it Wednesday yet?” I get giddy when I think about which choreographers will be doing dances this week. I secretly love when Mary screams. I have even . . . voted. After this week I just don’t know what I’ll do with myself. I may just have to buy tour tickets - know anyone in SLC that will go with me?

6 comments:

Amander said...

The same thing happened to me! I had never wanted to watch it and then my sister-in-law insisted. I LOVE it now.

I will ABSOLUTELY go to the tour with you!!!!!

NatAttack said...

Welcome to the party! I'm late to the game on quite a few shows you've been a fan of since the beginning. We get to switch places this time!

I have tickets to the tour here in Boston -- MARK AND CHELSIE BETTER BE DANCING BLEEDING LOVE. Riots will ensue if they don't.

Tonight's going to be a good one. Sadly, no hip-hop-off for Twitch and Joshua. A Russian dance instead -- I can only envision Fiddler on the Roof. I'm nervous.

Lauren F. said...

I love this show and have been watching for the past few seasons. How did I not introduce to it sooner?

Anonymous said...

"I secretly love when Mary screams."

I can impersonate this to a T! If you couldn't see me, you would think I was Mary Murphy. Now, this is not one of my traits that I am most proud of and actually found out I could do it by making fun of her, but hey, a talent is a talent ;)

Who do you think is going to win?

Cassie Ercanbrack said...

Ahh..Bleeding Love, every time the song comes on I catch my self doing small little actions from the dance (I know a little pathetic, but who can resist Napolean and Tabitha's choreography). I so wish you were in NYC tonight to watch the finally :(

Adam and Bri said...

Isn't NapTab Ah-mazing? Love them. Love Mia Michaels. And love this show.