Monday, July 30, 2007

The My Boys Are Back In Town


If you haven’t heard of My Boys on TBS, you’ve been missing out on one of the funniest, clever sitcoms in a long time. It premiered last November and quickly became ad-supported cable’s #1 sitcom. Season 2 premiers tonight at 10 p.m. The show stars sexy sportswriter PJ Franklin and her gang of boyfriends (no, I mean it – literally friends who are boys! What a novel idea) are so loveable I just had to blog about them :)

PJ (Jordana Spiro) is a single twentysomething sports reporter in Chicago. Her job centers around covering the Chicago Cubs, the city's loveable losers, and in her spare time, hanging out with her best friends, who happen to be a group of guys (Jim Gaffigan, That 70s Show; Kyle Howard, Related, Orange County; Reid Scott, American Dreams; Michael Bunin, Scrubs; and Jamie Kaler, The Family Stone). While PJ's comfortable with this arrangement, it isn't exactly optimal for relationships. The shows been compared to Sex in the City, as it's PJ's adventures and trials in relationships with her friends, but PJ uses baseball analogies to make sense of everything – and maybe that is just one of the reasons it gained a spot in my heart, sorry non-baseball fans.

Tonight’s premier starts with PJ and her friend Stephanie buying two tickets a piece to Italy, and then for the rest of the season they will be facing the task of having to find a special someone to join them. Forget the set a date program – plan a vacation :)

It’s a fun 30 minutes – and well, it’s the summer and nothing else is on, so no excuses for not setting your dvr :)

1 comment:

nerak said...

Since I trust you implicitly, Kristan, perhaps I will give this show a second chance. Although I will have to catch up... TV night at PHA?