
Back in January Karen and I discovered High School Musical. I admit it. I’m not ashamed or embarrassed to admit that I am a sucker for chick flicks and tween movies (The Lizzie McGuire Movie anyone? :) ) While this movie came out in 2006 and I had heard about it here and there, I had never seen it. It was a made for TV movie on the Disney Channel that has since become a worldwide phenomenon that has even surprised Disney. It’s been seen by millions. The soundtrack is breaking records. The DVD sold more than 1.5 million copies in the first week. There was a touring concert and now an ice show has been announced. Seriously, if you haven’t heard of it I’d really wonder.
As soon as I saw the movie and I saw the captain of the basketball team and the beautiful but geeky girl signing karaoke together I new it was destined to be on my list of horrible movies that I’m sure I’ll get made fun of for liking :) So Karen promptly downloaded the soundtrack, and its become one of our many jokes.
Okay, I’m getting to the point. Last night a bunch of friends came over for dinner on the roof. And in order to get to our roof you have to walk through my bedroom. While walking through, Caroline (another HSM fan) noticed a HSM card that Karen gave me sitting on my dresser. Of course she brought it outside where everyone was and started laughing about it because when you open the card “We’re All In This Together” starts playing. (It’s quite a classic card – props to Hallmark for their “Cards with Sound”) Of course this prompts a discussion on HSM. Absolutely hilarious! A group of 20 somethings dinner conversation revolved around a Disney original movie. Of course Trevor had to pipe in with his distain for the movie and how utterly appalled he is with our liking it. Caroline laughed about Seth, Jill and her learning the dance; and I think Kristin M. joined in by saying, “Aren’t the two leads are dating in real life?” (love her People.com obsession) Classic Sunday dinner conversation.
And, of course, I received this email from Karen this morning:
Don’t you love how the HSM card became the center of conversation for a bit last night? Ha! Classic…they’re all just jealous.
And, yes, the leads are dating in real life. (and NO, I did not write on this pic! That's complements of Perez) He's a little too "little brother" for me - Caisa may be into jailbait, but . . . :)
3 comments:
I can't get over the fact that he's 21. I used to be able to tease Caroline for having a crush on a 16-yr-old... My ammunition is gone now. I don't believe it, to be perfectly honest. He's such a babyface.
Um, Kristan...did you use photoshop to put that "YUM" on his chest or was that picture already like that? I have to wonder...
I completely agree that he's a babyface, cute little brother - not a guy I want to date! Caroline maybe, me NO. Just to clarify.
And, no, that photo is compliments of Perez, I most certainly didn't not write that!
Post a Comment