
Where you lead, I will follow
Anywhere that you tell me to
If you need, you need me to be with you
I will follow where you lead
There is something about that Carole King theme song, when it comes on I can't help but sign along.
Last night I said goodbye to Stars Hallow. Truth be told, I’m sad to see it go – even after a disappointing seventh season. I must say overall I was pleased with the finale. From the very beginning I was grinning ear to ear and loving Luke Danes. From coffee at the diner to creating a tent out of tarps, tents and raincoats, he was the Luke we love. All the banter about roller-coaster connoisseurs; one last town meeting with Taylor Doose and the Stars Hallow characters; time with Lane (including an Adam Brody shout-out!); a Friday night dinner; Emily bugging Lorelai; and after seven years it was fitting to leave Lorelai and Rory just as we found them in the pilot - bantering over coffee as the camera slowly pulled back from the window at Luke’s Diner. Bon voyage GG.

Some of my favorite things about GG:
The classic characters: Emily Gilmore, Paris Geller, Sookie, Kirk (and his endless array of jobs), Michel Gerard (and his perfect, constant snobbery) and all of the Stars Hallows residents
The Boys: To me, Adam Brody is not just that guy from "The O.C." -- I'll always remember him as Dave Rygalski, Lane's guitar-playing first love. And long before Milo Ventimiglia was a “Hero,” he was bad boy Jess. And, of course, Rory’s first love Dean and the boys she should have (and in my head did) marry - Logan.
The pop-culture references and fast talking dialogue: Growing up in a family of five girls, we can talk! And I can’t tell you how many times my Mom or Dad has told me to SLOW DOWN and E-NUN-CI-ATE :)
And, I’m not embarrassed to admit that last fall Kelli, Karen, Michelle and I had a GG Weekend. We went to New Haven for the weekend – stayed in a B&B, toured Yale, ate Pop Tarts and an insane about of junk food, and drove around the small “Stars Hallow” towns of Connecticut.



I can say with complete certainty that GG will go down in my own personal history book as one of my favorite shows ever to grace the small screen. And that’s saying a lot. I actually resisted the show when my sisters and cousin started watching it, but I started watching in college and then when I was looking for a job in NYC I think I watched all of Season 1, 2, 3 and 4 on DVD in a matter of two weeks :)
Thank goodness for ABC Family re-runs.
4 comments:
haha i love it! i heart GG!and i must say i also LOVED the adam brody shout out! and i have to tell you that sam cried...yes, honestly tears were streaming down her face as they were last week when rory gave logan the ring back. and i think its funny that you mentioned that she marries him in your head, b/c i told sam now that the show is over...it's our show! it can go on however we want it. so:
rory campaigns for obama (but naturally, he loses.) luckily on the campaign tour she makes fabu contacts in san fran...
lorelai ends up going on the boat trip w/luke...(and april NEVER comes back into the picture b/c she's freakin annoying.)
um the end.
i will miss the weekly banter and fast witty comments. and may i add, that pple have to translate for me all the time. and at work ive had pple tell me im speaking too fast for them to udnerstand. hehe
haha - Love it!
Tears - oh bubba j
And you're a RECEPTIONIST!! Maybe you should slow down! :) Just ask Kelli about translating for me :)
I am a recent GG bandwagon fan. Can I just say, Rory was remarkably composed for breaking up with a 3-yr bf and turning down a marriage proprosal. That being said, I really do like that show and am sad to see it go. I admire your 'true fan' qualities Kristan. :)
You and I are such kindred spirits...I think your weekend sounded like a great idea...I might try to do that one myself!
Post a Comment