Thursday, May 13, 2010

Saturday is a Special Day

I am temporarily living with Caisa - and Shannan lives two doors down. It's almost like we're living at home for the summer except they both have school and I stay home all day waiting for them to come play. (This housewife wake-up, go to the gym, come home and wait for husband for lunch thing is coming quite easy . . . if only it really was that easy.)

I really love . . .
- That I never know what day of the week it is. It doesn't matter. Everyday is Saturday. It's a wonderful thing.
- I never look at the time either. It doesn't make any difference to me if it is 2am or 2pm. Fabulous. Just fabulous.
- Sleeping in until I wake up. And then not getting out of bed until I want to. Life's little luxuries.
- Asking Caisa and Shannan about their hour-by-hour daily schedules. I mean I have to find time when they can play with me in between school. I like to pretend they don't have things to do either.
- Meeting friends and sisters for lunch. Really, lunch has quickly become one of my favorite meals over the past few years.
- Leaving lights on at Caisa's apartment. I have never seen someone so passionate about turning lights off.
- Staying up all night reading, watching TV and movies.
- Speaking of reading . . . I've followed the Pioneer Woman blog for a while now after I found some great recipes, but I'd never read the story of how she met her husband, Marlboro Man. Wow. The perfect chick-lit read that I could not put down - Black Heels to Tractor Wheels. And then I remembered it was real life and got a little jealous.
- That my apartment hunt is over! It was shockingly stressful and time consuming (no seriously, I don't know how I will ever buy a house), but it's over and I have a place to live! I officially sign my lease Monday and can't wait.

I love this life. It really suits me.

4 comments:

nerak said...

Love the title of this post. And I'm undescribably jealous. I intend to follow in your footsteps July 1.

And yes, lunch is the underappreciated meal of the day by far! It's my favorite.

Angela said...

I am sharing in a similar lifestyle right now, at least for eight more weeks till baby comes. I purposefully sleep as much as possible because I know I am going to be sleep-deprived for the next 20 years. Your elegant life of leisure still sounds more fun to me though:)

Kate said...

Only a few weeks until you and I swap roles . . .

elizabeth said...

I love summertime when you have to ask people what the date is or what day of the week it is.