This summer is going to be different. No more lounging by the pool, trips to QT for DC, evenings in the theater, meeting Dad for lunch or shenanigans with the sisters. I've graduated, and I'm pretending to be a grown-up. (Luckily I do have a few weeks to play before the j-o-b begins.) I'm not doing so well with change right now. I kind of miss school - yes, I said it. I miss the last few summers. I miss carefree. But I keep reminding myself that different isn't necessarily bad; it's just different. So, there will be a summer list. I'm just not quite sure what it will entail yet. But for now . . .
The new QT - Will's Pit Stop:

The new pool - The Grassy Knoll:

Now the weather needs to cooperate and warm up.
6 comments:
I feel you!! I get three days and my step sister is staying with us for one of those days...not exactly relaxing. Being a grown up is not so fun.
At least you can still go shopping for cute clothes-wait until you get married and you have to spend all your money on medical bills, totally uncarefree:( I'm going to miss your past summers too...
Well, I have to admit I am a little bit happy that I don't have to read about all of your happy days at the pool. They always make me so jealous!
The real world just sucks sometimes!
awww Brooks!!! Look at the new adventure you are about to embark on!! The grassy knoll looks rad!! Miss you!!
liney
I actually don't mind the real world. I rather like not having an exam in the back of my head to worry about.
I like how you said you wouldn't be lounging by the pool, and then your next post is about lounging by the pool. Love it.
Post a Comment