Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Post-Grad Road Trip

Right after the graduation festivities ended and the family left, I took off on a little road trip with some friends from school. We didn't take enough pictures . . . because we were too busy having fun!

First stop was Mesquite, NV (a poor man's Vegas). We played bingo. We slept. We lounged by the pool.


Kristan, Erin, Chloe, Julie, Emily

Don't worry. We stopped at Old Navy to get cheesy matching t-shirts and ended up with these animal themed beauties. And of course I got stressed out over bingo! There were so many cards, and I had never played before. I was really worried I wouldn't be able to keep up. But I did. And it was a blast!


Then on to Vegas. We relaxed in the beautiful Italian Garden hot tubs. Spent a little money at all of the fabulous outlets. And I finally got to see a Cirque de Soleil show - I'm pretty sure I'm the last Brooks to see a Cirque. We saw Mystere, and well . . . it was weird. I mean beyond weird. And had this weird baby theme which I could have done without, but the gymnastics acrobatic stuff was amazing.


It was a fantastic trip! And a great summer kick-off.

Well until the drive home. I learned what a "whiteout" is. And I kept calling it a "blackout" which was the only thing funny about it. Thankfully Julie and I survived.

3 comments:

Amander said...

Sounds like such a fun trip! I have only seen one Cirque show (Love) and it was great. I think I'll skip Mystere with it's weird baby theme, thank you very much :)

Angela said...

I lurve Bingo.

*holly* said...

You have never played bingo?