On Friday we went snorkeling. There was a tropical storm coming in so it was a little choppy and cold, but still a ton of fun. We went to three different spots. The first one had a shark cage and little airplane wreckage from when they were filming one of the many Jaws movies. Plus all sorts of fun fishies and coral. The second was more fishies and coral - and we saw a barracuda!
Mom, Kristan, Shannan, Sam, Caisa and KelliWe all had to wear those really attractive life jackets so they could see us. We didn't actually inflate them, so they were more of a nuisance than anything, but it made for a great picture.
Sam was REALLY excited to go snorkeling.
We got a little distracted from the fishes and started taking pictures of us being crazy - what else is new!
Caisa loves this picture of me for some reason. I'm not quite sure why, but I thought I'd put it up there to amuse her :)
You can't really see it, but there is the barracuda!
But then the third stop was . . . wait for it . . . swimming with sharks! Yes sharks! They were Caribbean reef sharks. They were anywhere from 6 to 10 feet, and they said most of them were pregnant. Needless to say, they were REALLY BIG! They put a line out on a booey, and we had to stay on the rope. We were out pretty far and it was pretty windy so they didn't want anyone floating away - in the wind or with the sharks. It was the coolest thing. About half the people on the snorkeling trip didn't even get in because it was too scary for them. Here are a few pictures. This was just with a cheap underwater camera, so no zoom. They were so close. I think my favorite part was seeing every one's faces as the sharks came closer and closer to us. I'm sure mine was priceless :)

I told you they were close! There were probably about 10-12 of them, plus tons of fish swimming around them too. It was fun.
So after we swam with the fishies and sharks, we figured it was only fitting to swim with the dolphins next! On Saturday we went out to Blue Lagoon Island and Dolphin Encounters - it's actually where they filmed the movie Flipper - remember that one ;) Elijah Wood pre Lord of the Rings. Anyway, it was so much fun. (I feel like I've said that a lot, but, well it was!) We got in the ocean with two dolphins, and the dolphins for our group were actually still nursing their babies so there were also two little baby dolphins in our area too. We got to swim, touch, hug, kiss, feed and dance with them. It was an experience I'll never forget. Then at the every end we did the footpush - where the dolphin pushed us across the water like we were at Sea World. It seemed a lot longer than it actually was, but it was pretty neat.
In order to get to Blue Lagoon Island we had to take a boat from Paradise Island. Well, while we are on the boat we realize we are by the other side of Paradise Island where the One and Only Resort is - more importantly, where they filmed CASINO ROYALE! So we're looking at all the million dollar houses when we realize, THAT IS IT!! That house right there! That one. It is the house James Bond, Mr. Daniel Craig himself, swam in front of. Needless to say, we had a moment :)
Okay, fine, obviously he wasn't there, but I couldn't resist!The last day it actually rained - dang Tropical Storm Barry. But we still had fun. A little rain wasn't going to stop us from going on the waterslides one last time. It was cold. No, it was freezing, but it was so worth it. I mean I did beat Dad on the waterslides :)
I like how the wind caught my dress and my rear looks huge! My mom prefers, Marilyn Monroe's like :) This was our last night. My red had finally turned tan. Kelli and Caisa already look too dark for it only to be June 2nd. And for the first time in the history of the Brooks family, I am not the whitest! Sam is definitely more white than me :)
So that was the Brooks Family Bahamas Trip. Thanks Daddy!





3 comments:
I LOVE IT! Ok, I would've died with the sharks thing, that's my number one fear. And I let out an audible sigh here at work when I read about sexy Daniel Craig... A moment is totally necessary. I think I need to go to the Bahamas...
can we go back right now? crabsolutely? yes! it was a good time, no? i can't believe you were actually darker than bubba j...that is impressive. oh and that snorkeling pic of you is hilarious b/c you can just tell from the eyes the face you're making will trying to swim through the crazy waves :D
The underwater pics are soo cool!
Post a Comment