The trip started off with Kelli and me arriving in the Bahamas first. We decided we had time to hit the beach before the family came so we hurried and put our bathing suits on our overly white bodies and ran to the beach (quite literally, Kelli was pulling me out the door of our room :) ) I had gotten about two hours of sleep that night, so I promptly feel asleep. Well when I woke up, Kelli and I panicked that we’d be out there for forever and needed to hurry back to the room before the rest of the fam arrived (plus, I thought I was burning already). Well, when we got back to the room we discovered that we’d be on the beach for approximately 1 1/2 hours! Not quite the 3 or 4 we thought – but that meant I got a much needed nap. I woke up from my nap from Caisa, Shannan and Sam jumping on me as they ran into the room. Not a bad way to be woken up when you are excited to see them :) They had stopped at some fast food joint, and Caisa had gotten the Happy Meal toy – A Spongebob Squarepants Magic 8 Ball. Now there are two things you need to know about this “Magic 8” Ball:
1. Caisa is OBSESSED with Spongebob
2. Instead of saying things like, “Yes,” “Maybe” or “No;” it said, “Crab-solutely,” “Oh Barnacles No,” or “The Waters Murky.”
Well, as you can see from the title of the post, the answer to everything for the rest of the trip was “Crab-solutely” or “Oh Barnacles No.” Good times…
This is the Atlantis, where we stayed:
This is the view from our room. You have the waterslide area to the left (the blackish thing and tan pyramid).
One of the many pool areas, and out to the beach. 
It was such a huge and gorgeous resort!
Well as you can imagine, the first day we ran straight to the waterslides. There had been a lot of trash talk before the trip on who was the best, and well everyone knows the answer to that question is me, so I had to set them straight.
Despite the fact that someone can't keep their finger off the lens, the little blobs you see on the Challenger Waterslide is me kicking my dad's trash. :)
There were two main areas for the waterslides. The brand new Power Tower and the older Mayan Temple.
The Mayan Temple had three waterslides - two where you go through a tunnel that goes through a shark aquarium. You read that right. You go right through the sharks. In the picture below you can kind of see the tunnel. It's right below the yellow light, and the sharks are resting right on top of it. It was really cool!
In the new area, there was a big river, "The Current," that took you around. But it wasn't just a lazy river. The river had rapids and waves and turn offs for the waterslides. It was so much fun.
Most of the entrance areas had plenty of tubes, but the area right in front of the waterslides was typically full of people waiting for empty tubes to come by. Well, what do the Brooks do when they show up needing 7 tubes. Location, Location, Location. We promptly walked ourselves right into the water and into the current (in front of the other people waiting by the steps) and starting grabbing the tubes before they reached the steps. One time Sam swam a good 50 feet in front of the stairs and started piling the tubes up on top of her. In the picture below you can kind of see her in the middle of the big stack of tubes on the right hand side of the picture. That's Dad in the middle coming to the rescue. It was hilarious when she came back with 7 tubes - ah, the looks on the faces of the other people :)
The best part of the new Power Tower was you didn't even have to get out of your tube to ride the waterslides. And everyone that has been to a water park knows that the worst part is walking up all the stairs and waiting in line to ride the rides - NONE OF THAT! It was great.
And Shannan, Kelli and me waiting in "line" for the conveyor belt. Kelli's just going to LOLOLOVE this picture :)
Our first day on the beach it was a little overcast, so we were all a little cold.

But don't you worry I still got a sunburn. I seriously burned the back sooo badly I had to sit in the shade the next day - and it was quite painful to sit.
Our nights consisted of walking around the resort - typically around the Marina, picking out which yacht was going to be ours one day - and taking pictures.
Me and Caisa
Shannan and Me
Caisa, Sam and Me
The girls
Sisters - a throne we could all fit in :)
Sam (or Bubba J as we affectionately call her) being a fish
The resort was just filled with fish - and well, us Brooks love our fishies.


This was seriously the biggest stingray I'd ever seen. There's no zoom here - it has two heads!
Or maybe we are the fishies - or sharks - we get confused.The other thing we do really well on vacation is EAT!
They had these really big chocolate chip cookies and once Caisa and I discovered them it was all down hill from there. We had a chocolate chip cookie and pina colada almost everyday :)
And then one night we discovered the Marina Creamery, which was really Häagen-Dazs. Well, pretty much we went every night. No, seriously, we went three nights in a row.
Okay, this is way too long and I'm exhausted - so the rest will have to wait until tomorrow. Swiming with fishies, sharks! and dolphins are to come :) Crab-solutely!







5 comments:
Ahhh that resort looks heavenly! What a fun trip you had. You look so beautiful in all of those pictures! I need to meet all of these Brooks sisters. I am already a huge fan of you and kellie! Look forward to more pics.
HILARIOUS! oh barnacles no might just become my favorite phrase on the planet. Can't wait for more pictures. You have such a cute family! You almost make me wish I had sisters!
Um. AH-Mazing. Absolutely no words for it. I have to agree with Caisa on that picture...I laugh when I look at it (well, it's more of a chuckle really...but the work chuckle always sounds a little masculine to me...anyway, now I'm rambling). Too bad Bond wasn't here, then the trip would have been BEYOND perfect!
who is kez and what is she referring to agreeing w/me? the cookie that was oh so fabulous?!?! and by the way...i'm obsessed with a lot of things - like fish! and you forgot the sponge bob "sounds fishy" moron! (that's your word right?)
so i googled myself today out of boredom (oh shut up you've done it too) and imagine my surprise to find that my 23 yr old sister keeps an online blog! and you make fun of me for facebooking...
Post a Comment