Monday, June 25, 2007

My new favorite Saturday beach trip - Sandy Hook

As I'm sure you can tell from my vacation post, I heart the beach. Growing up we went to the pool every single day. We had swim practice in the morning and then we would stay and play all day. In college, I gladly admit that I skipped class and called in “sick” to my telemarketing job to go to the pool. Sadly now I don’t have a pool nearby or the luxury of a free summer schedule, but there are beaches near by! And I make a point to get as much beach time in as possible.

Caroline discovered a great new beach on the Jersey Shore, so on Saturday a group of us went to Sandy Hook. It was gorgeous! I’m never going back to Long Island again :) It was a beautiful, clean, pristine beach.



If you were to drive, Sandy Hook is about two hours away, but there is a great high-speed ferry that takes about 45 minutes. And, well I love ferries, so that was half the fun :) Caroline, Lindsay, Peter and I took the 8 a.m. ferry – yes, I just said 8 a.m. ferry! So we were out there by 9 a.m. It was so quite and nice. There was a breeze, so we were a little cold for the first hour or so but it was nice to just sit, read and talk. Oh, and the lifeguards were working out before they started work. So we were laughing at the 50 or so lifeguards doing push-ups, sit-ups and running. It was classic.

Caroline, Lindsay and Me on the ferry.

The group:

It was such a nice day. Not too hot because of the nice breeze but warm enough the sun felt good. We stayed until the 5:15 p.m. ferry and then headed back to Manhattan. A fabulous Saturday I can’t wait to repeat!

3 comments:

MishMyBelle said...

That sounds wonderful! I need some beach time this summer. Ahhh, I can't wait to see you!

nerak said...

So I had placed my Sandy Hook hopes on July 4... don't let that dream die!

Anonymous said...

oh.. will you take me when i get back to the city? that looks so so so nice