Last year our tree was A.Maz.Ing. I mean it was so wide it didn't fit through the door. It almost didn't fit through the double doors. It consumed the room in the best possible way.
So this year we were starting to feel the pressure - or at least that was the mind game Dad was trying to sell. However, growing up with him the sisters and I have mastered the Art of Dad. We couldn't get any taller. We couldn't get any wider. So the only other place to go was multiples - naturally.
We started the day with a cheer. I'm not even kidding. Dad said, "One. Two. Three. One Tree." While we all screamed "Two Trees." We were just trying to fit in with the other Black Friday crazies.
We found the biggest tree on the lot, and Sam proudly sat down in front of it and starting chatting "Occupy Christmas! We are the 99 percent!" We all died laughing. This is going to go straight to that kid's head, but wow, she's funny. I have no idea where she comes up with this stuff. Unfortunately while the tree might have been big, it wasn't perfect. So while it was really funny to try it just wasn't meeting the quality standards.


But then we found it. The perfect tree. It was tall and beautiful. Even Dad was sold.
Now we still had to convince Dad to get a second tree. So I decided . . . flocking! It wasn't a tree - it was an activity. And cheaper than a movie or dinner! We kept getting "no" but finally wore him down. We successfully walked out with two trees. We've been begging for two trees for years, and I honestly can't believe it finally happened.
Caisa texted a picture of the tree to her boyf. His response: "To big?"
We almost made her break-up with him. I'm sorry, there is no such thing as too big. Don't worry that we had to cut off about 6 more inches once we got home (hilarity with the saw ensued) because the tree was too tall. And yes, it touches the ceiling. Who needs an angel?

The next day we purchased the necessary flocking supplies and then danced to some JB Christmas music while flocking. I loved it. It really makes for a beautiful tree.
We all flew home the next day so we didn't have time to decorate the flocked tree - I was just expecting to keep it looking like it had snowed in the foyer - but then Mom sent this message:
Dad decided to dedicate the tree to you girls.

(aka they used all of the old, mostly homemade, corny ornaments that we won't let them put on the "real" tree anymore) Ahhh, they miss us.
I love Christmas. Now I need to go buy my own tree this weekend.
5 comments:
hahahah i'm dying. i am funny. oh and what you meant to say was "who needs an angel when you already have a crowning achievement?" :) LOVE YOU.
You are so lucky! And PS, I miss you!
you guys are too funny. But I love it.
I LOVE your family's obsession with betting bigger, better and more Christmas trees. I love hearing about the adventures associated with your annual hunt!
ok that tree is HUGE!
Post a Comment