Sunday, April 17, 2011

Proud

Remember #14 from last summer's list?

"14. Plant something - what? how'd that get on there?"

I had every intention of planting some herbs in my kitchen. I bought pots that fit on my hanging rack. I researched sun light bulbs since my kitchen is far far away from any real light. I had good intentions. But I guess buying actual potting soil and planting was just too much for me. Plus, I think I secretly still harbor my "plant girl" feelings from the Christmas '08 amaryllis ordeal. Plus I travel a lot. And I can't keep things alive; especially since I like to keep my apartment nice and hot which isn't exactly plant conducive growing weather. And . . . and . . . and. I'm really good at excuses.

But, I am happy to introduce Peppermint and Lemon Thyme.



They are still alive and growing after about a month. Plus they make my kitchen smell AMAZING. Success.

Next Challenge: Actually use the herbs.

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

I'm growing herbs too. Oregano and basil. Those look quite happy. You've done a good job.