When I’m actually home, I like to pretend I have a normal life. So I opened Brooks Bakes and attempted to make macarons. I researched recipes and learned that these little treats are quite temperamental, but I wasn’t deterred. Until I pulled my first batch out of the oven.
The second batch looked shockingly similar.
I gave up. Well I just couldn't give up. But I took some time off. Okay fine, I took a long time off. But I couldn’t just give up. I found a different recipe, licked my baking wounds and tried again.
And can I just say, pretty darn near perfection! Summer Sorbet. Coconut Mango. White Chocolate Pistachio. Spicy Red Chocolate. Oh my.

I have a feeling these little treats will pop up in my kitchen again very soon.
6 comments:
WHAT?!
Those are crazy impressive.
OH. MY. GOODNESS.
okay me & sam had these in san fran at your aunt & uncle's... & i have been obsessed with them ever since. i've looked at recipes but they've always seemed too ambitious. we are making these this summer.
Okay. Those look AMAZING.
And I hope you didn't forget I was in on that pastry buying, too. In fact, a large amount of my pictures in Paris involve me eating with you two :)
I've never had a macaron, but after this post I'm probably not going to try. Maybe I'll find a pastry shop exactly like the one in Versailles here in Tulsa. I'm sure they'll be no difference.
Oh Amanda, trust me I didn't forget. I can picture the three of us stuffing our faces on a picnic bench and at the hotel breakfast table together!
what recipe did you use? i am going to try to make some macarons soon. wish me luck.
Post a Comment