Wednesday, April 27, 2011

DIY Houston

A few weeks ago (okay actually more than a month ago) I took a trip to Houston to visit Ryan.


I mean Lauren, Jon and Ryan. But with curls like that, how can you not love that cute little boy! I was so excited to see Lauren, Houston and her new house! It was a fabulous weekend filled with warm weather, a visit to George Ranch, Mexican food, BBQ, a drive-through cupcake store and fun. I still get visions of MAM's snow cones. Random? Yes. But delicious.

Lauren has done a fabulous job decorating her house. You can see some of her projects on her blog. While in town I decided to volunteer for another project - painting a rug. Sure sounds fun. I keep seeing all of these fun DIY projects on blogs and think no big deal, I can do this! I was thinking stripes or maybe an easy chevron pattern. We went to Ikea and purchased a great rug, picked out a beautiful paint color at Home Depot. And then Lauren showed me the pattern. Ambitious. We created a stencil and traced the design and started painting.


Hours later . . .


Is that my side on the left? :) The weekend went too quickly, and I left Lauren to finish the rug.

Which turned out BEAUTIFULLY!


Lauren - I can't wait for my next trip . . . and the next project!

2 comments:

Lauren F. said...

Love it. It was so fun having you for the (very short) weekend. I haven't talked a DIY since you left. . . maybe I just can't outdo that rug.

Amander said...

That rug is amazing! I saw it on Lauren's blog and was immediately jealous.