This Thanksgiving break I was thankful for:
Family: I'm so thankful I have so much family in Georgia. The usual Sunday dinner includes both grandparents, an aunt and uncle and a cousin and her family = 16. Plus this Thanksgiving two more aunts, uncles and cousins came to visit! Daphne and Roger came from Reno. Craig, Beth and their four boys came from San Francisco. I honestly can't imagine a small dinner table.
Pumpkin Pie: Really I just can't get enough.
The NapTab Reunion Tour: Beatles Rock Band is oh so fun. (And it's fun teasing Sam that she only knows the songs that were on Across the Universe.) I even impressed myself and now play on Expert. (That's right Karen, Bryndee, Mel and Michele . . . I know you can't believe it. And well that means I probably should be embarrassed by how many hours I played over the summer.) The first time the NapTab sisters played my 12, 10 and 7 yeas old little cousins we all beat them . . . and they were ticked. They "practiced" the rest of the day. We're not a competitive family at all. My 7 year old cousin was thrilled to beat me by the end of the weekend. :)
Zac's new friends: Boyfriends, compliments of Auntie Beth. Yes, Lauren. My family does have an unhealthy relationship with cutouts :) It's just so funny walking into Sam's room now.
The Turkey Trot: It's amazing how much better shape I am in this year.
The Annual Brooks' Christmas Tree Shopping Event: And, yes, it is an event. One day we'll convince Dad to buy the biggest tree ever.
And as much as I loved Thanksgiving this year - which trust me I did - more than ever before I felt like Thanksgiving was a big tease. It's a short little weekend that gives you just a taste of sleep, fun, family and food, and then you are thrown back into real life for three weeks before Winter break. It's just rude. I mean really. Who has any desire to deal with little things like reports, projects and finals when you've just had a taste of vacation? Not me. But if Thanksgiving really was a taste of things to come, I can't wait for Christmas!
1 comment:
Did you really wear heels to go Christmas tree shopping?!
Post a Comment