Wednesday, December 16, 2009

How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria?

Finals make you do crazy things. I don't dress up for Halloween, but for whatever reason I dressed up on Saturday. Crazy things, I tell you.

Katie and Rachel invited me to a Sound of Music sing-along last Saturday night.

Sound of Music. I'm so there.
Sing-along. Done.

And then they told me how they were going to wear costumes - there was going to be a contest. They were going as girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes. I immediately wrote off the costume idea, but I was excited about the evening. Then Saturday afternoon while I was running I kept thinking about it. (Another crazy thing. Apparently I shouldn't workout and let my mind relax.) Shockingly, I don't have a white dress. And I already put my summer clothes away and couldn't think where I would find a white skirt. Plus I would have had to stop and buy some blue ribbon for a sash, and I didn't have time for that. But I kept thinking, running and thinking. What do I have a lot of? Black dresses. Oh my. I could be Sister Maria . . . a nun. With a white shirt, a white headband and a scarf, it all kind of just came together. :)



It's a good thing I couldn't see myself, because I don't think I would have been able to stop laughing all night. Oh, and I got some crazy looks in the car on the way to the theatre. Good times.

And the sing-along was hysterical. We had props and assignments. Do-Re-Mi cards where you stood up and sang your part during the song. The whole theatre was up and down, up and down; it was so comical. Hissing when Baroness Schräderwas on screen. Bells to ring for "doorbells and sleigh bells." Party poppers for when Maria and The Captain kissed. There was quite a list. It was so entertaining.


I can't believe I dressed up, but it was a blast.

(And Platts, I thought about you the whole night.)

I'd like to say a word in her behalf . . . Maria makes me laugh.

10 comments:

Brent said...

O Kristen...Maria makes me LAUGH! Sounds like a great time. Hope you get to see your fam soon. Mere is on her way down. ALl will be here but Steph and Drew. Miss your fam, tell them all hello!
No running around Saltsburg!
Love, Mamie

elizabeth said...

Just seeing that picture of you made me laugh.

Em said...

FUN! That sounds like fun...costumes and all.

NatAttack said...

I WANT TO GO TO THERE!

Em Levy {orange + barrel} said...

Thank you for the LOL! Hilarious!

Paige said...

I absolutely LOVE this!!! So fun. And your costume is hilarious. I die. You girls are so funny. Miss you SO much!

Kate said...

Raindrops on roses.
Whiskers on kittens.
Bright copper kettles.
Warm-woolen mittens.
And the Sound of Music Sing-a-long.
These are a few of MY favorite things.

Red said...

All I know is that "somewhere in our youth (or childhood) we must have done something good." How else could we have deserved such a delightful evening??? Can't wait for 2010!

MishMyBelle said...

I AM SO JEALOUS!!! A. I love your costume. B. Sound of Music is my all-time favorite movie! C. is this a UT thing, or do they have these concerts everywhere?!

I love it!

Jenna said...

Greatest thing I've ever seen!!! I wish I could have been there!!! You look fabulous!!! Thanks for thinking of us!!!