Two weeks ago I went to Shannan's intermural innertube water polo game. H-Y-S-T-E-R-I-C-A-L! Water polo may be a very grueling sport - all those swimming jocks who still have time to beat up Seth Cohen and Ryan Atwood. Apparently at BYU they throw some innertubes in the water too . . . making it much more comedic.
Here are a few things I learned (in between laughing so hard I was crying):
1. Despite years and years of playing competitive volleyball, Shannan still doesn't know how to block. At one point I screamed, "Brooks! Who taught you how to block? Where are your hands!" Shannan was so caught of guard . . . she must have thought that Dad had walked in.
2. Watching people get mad is fun. Shannan's team was KILLING the other team, and I have never seen a person as mad as the other team's goalie. He was livid. He kept smacking the water in frustration. At one point he started hitting the goal, and I kept waiting for him to actually hurt his hand. Nothing like breaking a bone in an intermural innertube water polo game.
3. Blatantly disobeying twelve year olds - okay fine twenty maybe - is also fun. Apparently photography is not allowed in the pool area. Because there were competitive swimmers that might be distracted by the flash . . . no. Because there is ultra confidential material in the room . . . no. Don't ask me why, because I have no idea. So I just didn't listen. And I'm pretty sure the twelve year old was scared of me, because he did say anything else to me - while I was still snapping away.
4. Girls are worth more than boys. To "level the playing field" girl's goals are worth two points, boy's goals one. This way the boys actually pass to the girls, and of course once again proving that girls are worth more than boys.
5. While you of course have to win, you also have to look good in a swimsuit while doing it. There were a few girls who were more worried about how they were positioned in the innertube to look their best than playing the game.
All and all a great night. And Shannan's team is still in the race for the coveted t-shirt!
4 comments:
Next game: Wednesday night at 8:15. Final four baby! you know you wanna come...
i am cracking up right now. that is so fracking hysterical. LOVE IT (in hayley's stick it accent, of course.) oh how i miss you!
1. i love that you were scoled once by a 12 yr old (i'm assuming either ref or lifeguard), but only once.
2. how girls are always better than boys - and you are keeping track of the ways.
3. how your first thought of water polo is the oc.
Clearly I'm on an OC kick lately.
Do they not require BYU issue swimsuits in the pool anymore? I might be showing my age here!
Post a Comment