Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I'm In Africa!!!

I can't believe I'm in Ghana!

Here are some of my first three days impressions:

1. The Ghanaian people are so incredibly friendly. Everyone is laid back and very helpful. I've never felt threatened or uncomfortable.
2. Even if you don't think you are going to walk very much, don't wear flip flops. Yesterday we ended up walking probably three miles. My feet still hurt, and I have rubbed the skin raw in between my big and second toe.
3. I never quite know what I'm eating. And I decided to pull a Lauren and go vegetarian while I'm here. Well as much as I can. Why risk it.
4. I will only say this once, but yes, Holly you were right. I'm wearing SPF 50, and I'm still getting sunburn. 50!
5. When one of the other hotel guests asked if there were any movies on TV the hotel employee told us there was a Micheal Jordan documentary on. It was Space Jams. :)
6. I found myself staring at the only other white people we ran into on a bus. It was such an odd thing to see.
7. When little kids see you they say, "How are you? How are you?" It is the most adorable thing. (and yes, I do realize that I just said that kids are adorable.)
8. Purchasing a neck pillow for the flight was the smartest thing I could have ever done.
9. Hot, sweaty and greasy is sexy.
10. I'm loving it and can't wait to do more!

Pictures to come.

8 comments:

Em Levy {orange + barrel} said...

So cool! I can't wait to hear more about it! Post pictures soon!

Lauren F. said...

I got a shout out on your blog! Yay for temporary vegetarianism!

nerak said...

Hysterical! So amazing. Keep the random stories coming! I can't believe you're actually there!

Amander said...

Good call on the temporary vegetarianism! Can't wait to see pictures soon!

chloe said...

Yay! I'm so jealous...but so glad you're blogging about it!

elizabeth said...

I can't believe you're there! Yes, please. Post some pictures.

MishMyBelle said...

I am very envious of you! Keep the updates coming! I am glad you are loving it.

Samantha Brooks said...

Since i'm the worst sister ever and wayy too lazy to email you, I expect frequent updates so i can laugh about the fact that you're actually in africa and make sure you're alive. I love you and i told you you would love the children from there! Remember my request from you (: