Friday, March 6, 2009

Let Me Introduce To You . . .

As you very well know I like to shop. I don't look at it as a problem as much as an essential part of life. I mean we have to wear clothes, right. So why look ugly? No one wants to look at ugly people. Really, I'm just helping the world by making sure they don't have to look at one more hideous outfit. Your welcome.

Now let me introduce you to my closet:


First Observation: It's organized by color. Yes, yes, I have issues.

Second Observation: It is almost all solids.

Third Observation: Fifty percent is black and white. Add gray and brown and we're talking about 65 percent of my wardrobe. My family makes fun of me endlessly about the lack of color in my wardrobe. I say it's classic and traditional. My Mom says its New York. I'm proud to say that since I moved to Utah the amount of color in my wardrobe has increased considerably - but probably in equal proportion to black/white/gray/brown.

I have a style, and I like it.

The best part about loving the B&W combo is:
1. It's always in style
2. You can never have too many LBDs (or skirts for that matter)
3. Spring lines are full of B&W right now!

I'm currently lusting after these two fabulous items. I doubt I'll make it through the weekend.



Or maybe this one instead:


Thoughts?

11 comments:

nerak said...

lololove the first one. where is it at? i might not make it through the weekend either!

Jenna said...

I color code my closet too!! Love both skirts and the dress!!!

Amander said...

I usually do black, brown, gray, navy too. Last week I wore a green sweater and my co-worker commented on how unusual it was. I like your closet!

Shannan Monson said...

love the first skirt. not so much the second or third...

elizabeth said...

So I dream of having an organized color-coded closet like yours some day. And I love the dress in the middle. You have to tell me where it's from. I want to buy it!!

Em Levy {orange + barrel} said...

Love, Love, Love

Red said...

My closet is 50% red and pink, I think... what does that say about me?

Paige said...

Don't worry--I also color cordinate my closet. How else is a girl to get dressed in the morning? I'm totally crushing on the adorable dress #2 on your list.

kez said...

What do you mean "this one instead"??? Get all three. Hello!

Samantha Brooks said...

i agree with shannan.

Lizzy said...

"No one wants to look at ugly people."

I'm putting that on a t-shirt :)

xoxox