After three years of not driving, this summer I felt like a 15 year old again relearning. Seriously, the first few weeks were pretty classic. 10 and 2. Check the side mirrors. Check the rear view mirror. How fast am I going? I will fully admit I was a little stressed. In fact, I think I had Caisa pull the car out of the garage for me the first time :) Yes, I’m serious – but in my defense it was a weird angle and there was a car parked behind me.
And then there was the car buying experience. Think of as many adjectives as possible for DISASTER – that was my life for 40 days. I bought the car in Georgia (since I had so much time on my hands and getting an SUV in Utah is harder) and then had it shipped out to Utah. Well originally I was told the transfer would take 7 to 10 day. Then I was told it could be up to 28 day. Well, Shannan had a car so I figured we could share for a few days, and we’d be fine. Well four days after I moved to Utah, Shannan’s car died. 140,000 miles – the engine seized while driving - it was dead, dead. After screaming, yelling and crying I finally got my car 40 days after I purchased it. Needless to say it wasn’t a great car buying experience . . . but I’m SO GLAD I FINALLY HAVE IT.
I still love walking. Oh how I miss it. Errands are SO COMPLICATED here. Yes, believe me. 10 different shopping centers. 10 different parking spots. Traffic lights. Stupid drivers. Annoying and time consuming. Who would have ever thought I’d say that errands in NYC are convenient. Well, it’s true.
Oh and I would still prefer to have a driver.
But here I am in suburbia, driving. Now Shannan and I are off for a 16 hour road trip. My car and I will become very acquainted, very quickly. Let the fun begin.
7 comments:
Very cute car! Have fun on your road trip!
Where are we going??
She is so cute, and I can't believe your camping!!
niiiiiiiiiiiice.
wow...i love it! Isn't it nice to have a car?! I still remember my first driving experience with you...pretty sure your family warned us of your driving skills :)
MISS YOU!
I LOOOOOOOOOOVE YOUR CAR.
I LOVE your new car. SO cute. I just read that you went camping. My heart goes out to you...I loathe camping. Can't wait to hear about the experience. :)
Post a Comment