Thursday, September 18, 2008

Help Needed

I am in need of a great bag for school. It needs to be able to hold my 14" laptop and at least one book and folder - and go over my shoulder. I have been looking for, I kid you not, six months. And now that I'm in Utah my shopping options are considerably limited. I never thought I'd say it, but Nordstroms is great but SO SMALL!

Yes, I'm picky. Yes, I'm vain. But come on, I'll be using this bag EVERY SINGLE DAY. I've been using my Longchamp Le Pliage and then just putting my laptop in a canvas bag.

I like this, but it's just a laptop bag - no room for anything else.


And I've been debating about this - but I think it will be too small.


And, no, I will not just use a backpack.

I've looked everywhere from Target to these designers. Any suggestions? Surely you've seen something great. Or you have friends. Or you've seen people on the street.

9 comments:

Amander said...

I haven't looked at Franklin Covey's stuff in a long time, but I know Bri's sister used to work there, and she had some SUPER cute laptop totes. It's worth a shot!

I never really found one I loved, so I just gave up :) Good luck. Let me know what you find.

Kate said...

Check out Abbi NY. Silk laptop bags. Yes . . . silk.

Em Levy {orange + barrel} said...

I have the perfect bag and it can store anything. It isn't super dressy. Sean has two: a coach one that is super nice and great to take to meetings and he has one for school that Kurtz back that I love. I think it works for male/female. This is my master bag:
http://www.booqbags.com/s.nl/it.A/id.282/.f?sc=2&category=508
I love it. I wouldn't walk into court with it but it is great for school.

KJB said...

You are out of control. Although, I did see a Kate Spade bag the other day and thought of you. You are still out of control.

elizabeth said...

No ideas. I carry a backpack, and a shoulder bag, and still don't have enough room to fit everything. And yes, I do feel like I'm too old to have a backpack.

Adam and Bri said...

Yes! Thanks for the shout out, Mander. I do have adorable laptop totes from Franklin Covey. You should check them out! And they're not completely expensive, either.

Anonymous said...

Wow, now I know what the cool singles have to worry about and it is awesome! Enjoy, and enjoy school since the work force is NOT the place to be right now! I think it is great that you have gone back to grad school! How is it living in a bubble again after living in the most exciting city in america??? Good luck in search of the perfect bag!
Mamie

Kristan said...

Yes, Mamie, I live a rough life :)

Amander said...

Did you find one? Do share.