
That’s right this weekend was Graduation Take Two. Kelli graduated with her MBA from American University on Sunday! The family went to DC to celebrate last weekend; Sam and Gdawg had never been to DC, so you know what that means – we played tourist on Saturday!
The whole family kept asking me if I was going to be bored sightseeing. I can not even begin to count how many times I’ve been to DC in the last three years (it has been the most wonderful thing having Kelli four hours away), but believe it or not I’ve never actually gone to any of the monuments – driven by hundreds of times, visited Smithsonian’s yes, but visited monuments no.
Of course it was raining in the morning (It snowed during Caisa's graduation -SNOWED!! We have all the good luck with weather.) We started the day with a walk from the hotel over to the White House.

Then friend gave us a super secret tour of the National Archives.


From there we went to the Union Station, the Capital, the Jefferson, the Lincoln, the National Cathedral and drove by basically everything else.





Caisa wishes she was cool enough to be in that last picture. After the oh so lovely trolley tour (don't ask, yes it really was that bad), we ended our night in Georgetown.
Sunday was graduation (slash Mother's Day). I've been to three BYU graduations, and let's just say this wasn't a BYU graduation. The highlight had to be the bagpipes. Yes, bagpipes. Oh, and we are all graduation pros now. The standing up, sitting down, important times to listen, important times to pull out your book, important times to text the graduate, important times to text the person sitting next to you - I've got it all down. This is the look of joy after you finish your second (well, kind of third) graduation ceremony in less than two weeks.

This is what Shannan did after she'd had all the graduation fun she could have. It is a hood, right?

Congrats Kelli!
2 comments:
Your hair looks super cute. Just thought you'd like to know.
I didn't know that Kelli was at American!!! Tell her Congrats!!!
Post a Comment