
Before my flight out to Utah, I realized I had not been on a flight longer than three hours in about two years. I’d forgotten how long cross-country flights could be. Thankfully when I boarded the plane I was thrilled to see that Delta had given me my own little TV for my viewing pleasure. You see with such short flights I’m not used to in-flight entertainment. While I was making the decision between The Today Show and CNN, I flipped past TBS – and joy of all joys realized that Saved by the Bell was on.
I think it is an understatement to say that I love Saved by the Bell. I grew up on it. I wanted to date Zack Morris. I wanted to be Kelly Kapowski. We had the board game. We used to play “high school.” I remember my aunt and uncle (who were probably about my age now at the time) coming to the beach with us and commenting on how funny it was that we would leave the beach to go inside the condo for lunch and Saved by the Bell – even though it was re-runs and we had seen the episode hundreds of times before. When I moved to the city I even named my window air conditioning unit “Slater.” (haha, get it . . . AC).
Thankfully TBS plays four episodes back-to-back on weekday mornings. I was pleasantly entertained for the first two hours of my flight. Thank you Delta. Thank you.
Just a few things I noticed in my two hours of SBTB goodness:
1. Zack Morris perfected the stop and stare at the camera look . . . The Office take notes.
2. High waist pants, bangs . . . oh wait, those are back in style.
3. A sign in the hall said: “Remember Pep Squad Practice Monday.” I love that they reminded the whole school about that :)
4. Jessie was “green” before being “green” was cool.
5. Slater’s infinite wisdom, “What’s not to like about Paula Abdul and Janet Jackson.”
6. Slater and Jessie call each other “bubba” and “mamma.” Sam, maybe that is where “bubba” came from.
1 comment:
Playing High school was like my favorite game when we came to your house. I remember how our lockers were really your linen closets and stuff. Oh the good times...when did we all grow up???
Post a Comment