I can't believe summer is over. Fastest summer in the history of summers. I mourned the loss of my beautiful bronze skin with a long weekend of fun on the East Coast.
To kick things off, I made a 3 hr stop in Manhattan. School hasn't started yet, so while everyone else worked Holly indulged with me. Diet Cokes at McDonald's. Lemon Ricotta Pancakes at Sarabeth's. Mani/Massage at Pinky's. Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookie from Levain. I wasn't kidding when I said indulge.
Then I flew to DC to spend the weekend with Kelli. I was tricked into this weekend getaway. Kelli told me we were going to a lake house just outside of DC with some of her friends. After I told her I was game, I found out it was 3 hours outside of DC and the house was not on the lake. False advertising - and I didn't let her live it down. But it was a really fun weekend. Beautiful green rolling hills - reminded me a lot of North Georgia. Tragically too cold (and windy . . . darn Earl!) for a bathing suit. But we had fun sleeping in, driving around, riding the Alpine Coaster, hot tubing, eating, laughing oh and laughing some more. Plus my NYC now DCer friend, Michele was there too! A wonderful surprise.
NYC + DC + Kelli + Holly & Michele = Great Labor Day Weekend
I love summer. I'll miss summer. But I am excited for Fall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Those lemon ricotta pancakes are amazing.
Sounds like a great weekend!
Why have I never been to Sarabeths or Pinkys? What an awful weekend for me to be gone. You are always in-the-know.
Glad you had a fun weekend!
If you are looking for summer, come to Houston. I can't get rid of it here!
So fun to catch up on your life!! Let me know when you plan to go to nyc next! I will be there!
Post a Comment