Thursday, September 23, 2010

Fall Day Thoughts

- Today was the perfect fall day. Crisp cardigan weather on my walk to work. Nice and warm in the 70s at lunch. Beautiful and still warm when I left work.
- And I pulled out my mustard yellow corduroy skirt today too. It was the perfect fall outfit.
- I've noticed I wear a white shirt oh I don't know 4 or 5 days of the week. Is that weird? Different shirts. Different styles. Accessorized in different ways. But white. I guess at least it's not my black NYC wardrobe.
- I miss my sisters being 15 minutes away.
- Fall TV is back. My DVR is happy.
- It is still kind of painful watching shows set in Manhattan.
- I love my car, but I hate all things that have to do with maintenance for it. Seriously I'm not really an acts of service love language kind of girl but if someone would take care of my car (including the safety, emissions and registration that is due at the end of the month) I would be oh so happy.
- I've started listening to books on CD (from the library!) while I drive. And I love it. I've turned into that crazy lady who sits in her parking spot in her car to finish the chapter.
- I really like work. And I really like my coworkers more and more each day.
- I love visitors, and I have quite a few in the next month. It makes me happy.
- I had to write another post because I can't look at that cookie dough photo anymore. Don't worry I made half a batch last night. Yes, you read that correctly. I made more cookie dough. And I made half a batch. The joys of living alone and not wanting to actually bake the cookies to give away.
- And I'm sporting my new fall nail color - Playa Del Platinum. Or grey. And I love it!

2 comments:

Caisa said...

i miss you being 15 minutes away! we're pathetic. 55 mins has distanced us for weeks now. almost an entire month. boo.

elizabeth said...

You remind me of the opening fall scene in You've Got Mail. Do you watch 30 Rock?