Sunday, August 1, 2010

Rachel Getting Married

The White House ladies were reunited again a few weeks ago to celebrate Miss Rachel Pugh becoming Mrs. Ryan Harmer. It was a fabulous weekend.

We started the festivities Thursday by not acting our age - going to the James Taylor and Carole King concert. Yup. We were the youngest people there; we attempted a game of eye-spy someone younger but only came up with kids tagging along with their parents. It was kind of hysterical. While their songs may have been hits more than a decade before we were born, that sure didn't stop us from dancing around the White House kitchen to them - the concert timing couldn't have been better.



Oh a side note, and you can make fun of me for this, I had no idea who Carole King was. I know. I know. The week before Paige sent me a link to their Today Show concert where they played "Where You Lead (I Will Follow)." I knew that Gilmore Girls theme song within the first two notes. So I proceeded to google Carole King and sure enough I do know her - her cameos in GG and the hundreds of songs she's written. Caisa laughed at me when I told her this story. I know. I don't really know music. Old or new.

Friday we celebrated with Rachel and Ryan's family and friends at dinner. It was the perfect evening of stories.


Okay, yes. Probably just a bad picture, but I love the look on Ryan's face in this picture. "What? Tomorrow? I'm getting married tomorrow?"


Then Saturday was the big day. The weather was perfect. Rachel looked happy and gorgeous. It was a great day.



While we were waiting for Rachel and Ryan to come out of the temple, Katie, Paige and I were taking this photo. One of the little kids was confused what we were waiting for and pointed at Katie saying Rachel was right there. His brother quickly slapped his finger down and said, "No! That can't be Rachel. She's not wearing a big white dress!" Poor little guy was so embarrassed, and we didn't help that when we busted out laughing. Twins are confusing.


The reception was at Snowbird and beautiful. Green mountains. Cool temperatures. Just a gorgeous setting. And it was fun to chat with old college friends and dance with the Pugh family.


Paige stayed with me for the weekend, and I had such a blast chatting, getting lost and not getting very much sleep.

I love wedding weekends! Congrats Rach!

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

Wow. The scenery in the background is so pretty, it looks fake. Congrats to Rachel!!

jenny said...

Love Jt/Ck. I'm 80.

Can I please have every dress you wear in this post? kthxbye

Kate said...

It was such a lovely weekend! I'm glad we got to "reune" again!

Red said...

Thanks for the lovely post, Krissy! I've been a bit behind on my blog-stalking, but I'm finally attempting to catch up....

Love your guts!