Sunday, August 8, 2010

Before

I am not going to pretend to be a designer, but I have had a lot of fun putting together my apartment. And I am not a fabulous photographer, and I realize everyday just how bad my five year old point and shoot is. But some of you have been asking, so here are some pictures of my place. Be prepared for picture overload.

For someone who loves to start projects, complete them and then cross them off my list, decorating has been hard because there isn’t really a “completed” point. It has been hard not to have everything I want, just the way I want it, right now. I wish I could just walk in a store and find everything I absolutely love at one time in one place. It so does not work that way. I’m starting to be okay with this because it means I get to keep shopping! But it also means I have bare walls and a “want” list.

Remember the saloon doors? Well, my place has a little charm. Here are the before pictures. Bad lighting at all.

Walking in the door


Notice the charming light fixture


And then into the main room


What? Another charming light fixture?


More of the main room



Mirrored closet doors


And then the kitchen through the saloon doors



Down the hall to the bathroom and bedroom






And the closet

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

So, how did you change out those light fixtures? Did you do them yourself?

Kristan said...

Elizabeth, that is my little secret. I am just that handy :) Or am handy with the phone - to call a handy man.