I’d never been to either city and now I’m wondering why. They are beautiful! Two of my favorite things: 1. Green 2. Water. Check and check. Trees everywhere. Gorgeous views of the ocean from everywhere. Ferries. Oh and amazing food and shopping too!
Flying into Seattle was a lot cheaper than Vancouver and since I had the time I decided to fly in and spend the day in Seattle and then take the train up to Canada. It was suppose to rain the whole time, so I prepared myself but then miracle of miracles it didn't at all in Seattle!
I met up with my b-school friend Oliver and his family and they were kind enough to play tour guide for a while. Oliver will be working for Amazon.com in Columbia Tower, the tallest skyscraper in Seattle. He worked his magic, and I was able to see Seattle from the observation deck.
I ate my way through Seattle touring Pike Place Market. Seriously the best clam chowder I’ve ever had. Delicious cherries. Amazing donuts. Oh, the Mac and Cheese. The salmon. The flowers. It was all so good.
And then I spent the money I saved by flying into Seattle at the flagship Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack. Oh it was a beautiful thing.
Since I love ferries, I had to take a quick trip out to Bainbridge Island. I enjoyed the surprisingly nice weather, beautiful views and my favorite ferry breeze.
And of course I associate all cities with TV shows and looked for McDreamy and crew everywhere :) It was a great day. I definitely would love to go back to Seattle again.
And of course, when in Seattle . . .
4 comments:
Seattle and Mexico I am so jealous. Love your Toms! I have a pair and they are so comfy!
I love the Mexico pictures. The Brooks girls always dress so cute!
Beautiful. Never been there either. I am very jealous of your address.
I'm sorry. I'm watching the Bachelorette at the same time as typing. I'm very jealous of your vacations, not your address.
So glad you enjoyed my home!! :) Your post made me miss it!
Post a Comment