Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Winning Resume

I'm adding the following skills to my resume after this summer:

1. Professional Sod Layer
2. Expert Mover
3. Experienced Wallpaper Remover

We lovingly referred to ourselves as Dad's indentured servants for the summer. Whenever he had a "project" we were there . . . lucky us.

First up, laying sod in the backyard. Now let me tell you this is not the first time we have had to do this. When we first moved into the house Dad got the crazy idea that we were cheaper and perfectly capable. He should have had sons. You should never lay sod in July. We should have had a smaller yard. So seven years later he'd forgotten about the first experience and decides to do it again. Joy.



Then Grandma moved. She hired movers to take the big furniture but decided she could do everything else herself. Read: Make her grandchildren do it for her. Between college, New York and back to school again I have moved practically once a year for nine years. I've got moving down to a science. Thankfully Caisa and Shannan do too.





After Grandma moved into her new house we now get to fix up her old house to sell it. Grandma loved wallpaper back in the day. I have a new found hatred for it. Mom, Caisa, Shannan and I were the luckily ones selected to remove all the wallpaper.




Sod, boxes, wallpaper . . . makes me a much more desirable employee, doesn't it.

2 comments:

nerak said...

I'm with you on hating wallpaper! Such skills you've developed this summer.

Meredith said...

Let's be honest you learned all those skills from sleepovers at the Platts with morning yard work.