Thursday, August 27, 2009

Hug A Tree

Last week I made my first ever trip to Ikea. I needed bedroom furniture for my new apartment and did a "scouting" trip in Atlanta, so I could be better prepared and just get in and out once in Utah. I know what Ikea is. I am familiar with the store layout and system. I have heard numerous friends talk about their experiences. I've even done case studies in school on the company. But, wow, it really is an overwhelming first visit. I knew what I needed, was in a time crunch and even brought Caisa along to keep me focused, but lets just say I was easily distracted.

Fast Forward to Provo. Caisa and I have a wedding reception in Salt Lake. Ikea is half way between Provo and Salt Lake. It makes sense to go on the way. So Caisa and I are in dresses running around picking out the things we need. Six large boxes. Six smaller boxes. About 300 lbs. We are rock stars loading up the cart. Then we get to the car. We are rock stars again loading the car. Slightly sweaty in our dresses, but success.

Right as we are lifting the last large box into the car:
Man Walking By in the Loading Area: Oh do you girls need help with that?
The only person who even talked to us during the whole shopping and loading process does it within thirty seconds of us being done. Thanks.

Shopped. Load. Unload. Caisa and Me.
Unpack. Assemble. All by myself.

"Hug A Tree" is a pilates move the sisters and I joked about all summer when we were talking about/joking about being so strong and awesome. So sisters, Hug A Tree!!! I'm pretty darn proud of our rock star abilities.



3 comments:

Paige said...

That is mucho impressive hugging tree girls! I hate putting furniture together. I still remember when you saved me and helped me put together my book shelf in college. I was on the verge of a breakdown until you came in! :) Sorry I wasn't there to help you out this time. I think now you need to send us pictures of your new apartment!

Angela said...

Oh IKEA, How I love thee! Talk about organization shopping, they have the best drawer/closet/anything organization gadgets ever. I may need to make a trip down to SLC just for Ikea...

Kate said...

I am SO happy that you are back in Utah! Really.