Thursday, June 25, 2009

Random, random, random

My life is pretty random these days, so I figured this was appropriate.

1. Sadly Sam was in an accident. She’s fine and it wasn’t her fault, but her car is not so fine. Since it’s going to be in the shop for a while we have a rental. Sam is 17. She can’t exactly drive a rental car. I am 25 – oh and I have some free time. I am now Sam’s chauffeur. Last night she had to text me at almost midnight to come pick her up from a friend’s house, and she told me she felt like a 7th grader calling her mommy for a ride. I now call her 7th grader and she calls me mom. Hysterical conversations. “How was your day, sweetie? Any cute boys? Now give mom a kiss goodbye.” She loves it.
2. Remember how I always had to ask permission to drive a car? Well now I don’t. There are 6 drivers at home and 3 cars. I’m the only one allowed to drive one of them. It’s great. Well, miss that chauffeur thing.
3. During the “car in the shop but no rental car yet” period I was trapped in the house for more than 24 hours. It felt like house arrest. I even searched the garages for bikes, but apparently the parentals got rid of those years ago.
4. I was at the pool today and the ice cream truck came down the street ringing its bell. Of course all of the kids jumped out of the water to beg their parents for money. These two little kids –who are always at the pool – went to ask their grandpa who must have hesitated in handing over his wallet. The little boy (in the perfect little kid whiny voice) said, “But we have to. We are like her best customers!” Classic.
5. Caisa and Shannan are home!!!!
6. Was anyone else bored during SYTYCD last night? I was.
7. While watching my cousin’s 5- and 3-year-old children (Is there a name for that? 2nd cousins? Cousins once removed? Who knows?):
a. 5-year-old: (Poker Face comes on the radio.) “This is Lady Gaga isn’t it?” Seriously! This kid either watches too much MTV or listens to the radio way, way too carefully.
b. 3-year-old: “Kristan, why are your legs so itchy?” Thanks for pointing that out. Thanks.
8. I went to QT twice today for Diet Coke. Do I need to join a QT Anonymous group?
9. I haven't gone shopping in at least a month. That has got to be a record.

5 comments:

Samantha Brooks said...

1. LOVES it may be a stretch.
and 2. i dont think its a coincidence that my accident happened by qt and i happened to land on qt property. we have a problem kristan.

KJB said...

9 - that's what happens when you have no cash flow. Just trying to help motviate. Love ya!

Paige said...

I concur.I was TOTALLY bored with SYTYCD this week. Lame dances. They better step it up next week. Next week they should all dance to Michael Jackson songs.

Kate said...

Leave it to the 3-5 Combo to point out that the 3-5 Combo hasn't shaved her legs . . .

Angela said...

Yes I also concur on SYTYCD. In fact I was sitting next Paige while watching it and we were both astounded by all the dumb dancing/costumes/music choices/judge with giant beret.