Friday, November 2, 2007

Warmth From Him

I have a feeling this next statement is going to get quite the reaction, but, well, it’s true.

I think I’m done with The Office.

After watching the hour-long episodes this season, I think there is such a thing as too much Office. Even the last few half-hour episodes. Now don’t get me wrong I still love PB&J, but I don’t think I can suffer through just for some jam.

And then this week the TV rumor mill is reporting that The Office is reportedly looking to expand into a spin-off series. Seriously! Just because Grey’s and Private Practice made it work have the networks really resorted repeating series that work (aka get ratings which in turn get advertisers which in turn mean dollar signs). Unlike the Grey’s/PP plan though, reportedly none of The Office original cast members would end up in the new series, but a special episode introducing a number of new characters would take place (and serve as a pilot for the new series). If I can’t take an hour of The Office, can NBC really end up with two good comedies? And, barring an unlikely last-minute deal, Hollywood's film and television writers will probably go on strike within the next couple of days. So this could affect not just the shows on right now, but what we see next season too (like easy spin-offs instead of unique new pilots).

We’ll see. For now The Office will stay on the DVR, but I don’t think I’ll be turning in on Thursday nights.

But, Jim (Office or no Office) will always have a place in my heart. Thank you Gap, thank you - I'd take some warmth from him.

3 comments:

Lauren F. said...

NOOOO! Don't give up on the office! Just don't watch the spin-off. I mean, come on, Private Practice is kinda lame and I haven't caught a Greys all season (must....watch.... The Office!, but don't you want to be a member of the Finer Things Club (you watched last night, right?!)

kez said...

Please don't take it off the DVR!
I need my Jim :)

Kristan said...

Nope didn't watch last night.

And, Karen, I specifically said it would stay on the DVR - I'm just saying I'm not in love anymore. In love with Jim, yes. In love with The Office, no.