I'm going to miss this view on my drive to work in the morning.
It still doesn't feel real. I still feel like I'm just on extended business trip. But I miss my closet so it must be real. I moved. I left Salt Lake. Part of my relocation package was movers - who packed and moved me. So my apartment was almost 100% still put together until the day before the movers showed up. It never felt real. And then one night I unplugged my DVR (tear) and the next day 5C was empty.
My last weekend was spent going out in style.
Kathryn and I had our last Thursday TV night. We went to dinner at Em's which I had always heard was great but had never been. Next time you're in SLC, go. It's small and charming and delicious. And then we "audibly gasped" and swooned over Damon. We chatted wedding, apartments and life. I tried not to cry. Kathryn may not have made a big appearance on this blog, but she was a big part of why I loved SLC. And I made her do something I hate - I had the server take our photo :) Thursdays and PF Chang's takeout will never be the same.
Since my bed was packed up in the back of a truck making its way across the country I had to stay in a hotel. So I convinced Samantha to come up and stay at the Grand America with me for an evening. The old men in the elevator asked where our black tie attire was for the event in the ballroom, but we just snuck cookies from reception, enjoyed the hot tub, ordered room service . . . and then SLC even left me with a little present when we woke up. The first snow.
I had my ups and downs with Utah, but I was honestly sad to say goodbye.
Closet, I hope your next owner appreciates you as much as I did. I miss you.
Saloon doors, you will be missed.
5C - you were a fantastic "first."
5 comments:
tragedy! i miss the 5c. boo CT.
i still can't believe it's real! tear.
(p.s. having movers sounds amazing.)
This makes me miss SLC so much! And you!!!!!!
I love Em's and The Grand America! I'm glad you were able to experience both before you left this blessed state. Miss you!
Sad to see the salon doors go. Can't wait to see your "second"!
Post a Comment