Since everyone else was off celebrating Labor Day weekend with football, I decided I should join in the fun.

I know this may come as a shock to some of you, but no, I had not watched the Fifth and Final Season of FNL. First, I didn't have Direct TV. Then once it started airing on NBC I wanted to wait so I could watch a few episodes back to back. Then I didn't want to start watching because I knew it would end, and I really didn't want it to end. Then I got busy. Then I was waiting on a friend/sister to watch it with. And then I finally decided it was time to say goodbye.
You may remember Sam mentioning how she does understand that Rory and Loralie don't know her name. Well, it's true. I do realize that Coach and Mrs. T, Riggins and Matty, Buddy and Billy, and even Vince and Luke do not know my name. But that doesn't mean they aren't real. It doesn't mean that I love, respect and admire them any less. It doesn't mean I didn't bawl my eyes out while watching the last season in just about 24hrs.
So . . . you have really have changed my life, and I love you for that. Being a part of the Panthers/Lions has been the greatest experience of my life. Maybe one day our dreams can merge together. You may never know how proud I am of you. I'll never turn away a memory. It has come time for me to move on. You will always be part of me. In my heart and in my soul, you are my family. I will remember this time. I will cherish these memories always.
I will always get chills and a little teary eyed when I hear Explosions in the Sky or watch an old episode.
I need to find my Coach. My own molder of men. And then my dad will flip . . . you asked him, right? Just what I need . . . in case I don't already have ridiculous standards and issues.
For all my non-FNL fan friends - shame on you - but I know, you can make fun of me for the ridiculously awesome TV junkie that I am and that is this post. FNL friends, I know you get me. We can mourn together.
2 comments:
SO glad you finally watched (and loved). I have a Panthers "P" on my car and non-FNLers just don't get it. (Also, I am a huge nerd bomb.)
Texas Forever!
you watched a whole season in 24 hrs??!!! insanity. but insanity of an extremely amazing kind.
here's to each of us finding our own coach t!
Post a Comment