Thursday, June 16, 2011

Slightly Awkward

While traveling this past week with my boss:

At the hotel getting in the elevator my boss hits "3" -
C: What floor do you need?
K: 20 (the top floor)
C: Oh, look at you.

At the airport boarding our flight -
We're scheduled to be just a few rows apart, my boss is grabbing something and I go ahead and board. As they scan my boarding pass I find out I've been upgraded.
Email: Did you get upgraded? I know you boarded, but I don't see you.

Apparently I have higher hotel and airline status than my boss. Kind of comical. Kind of awkward.

1 comment:

Em said...

I love when that happens. It's good for the boss to see just how hard you are working and how it's paying off for you. I had a boss that said, "Here come with me and I will get you through the priority security line." When we got up there he handed both our tickets to the TSA guy and said, "She's my co-worker can she just come through with me?" TSA guy said, "Actually sir, you will have to go through with her. You don't have the right status, but good news...she does!" I thought my boss was going to pee his pants. I of course had to keep from laughing out loud. :)